SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#129286 - 01/22/02 09:40 PM NAMM info...........
Dnj Offline

I read this post on the PSR style forum....

Quote....<<<<<"

Well, aside from tired feet,
I got to check out most keyboard
manufacturers.
First of all let me tell you, I got to
talk with the
head of the product marketting at
Yamaha.
He actually got more information out of
me than offering any.
I kept asking about the future 10,000
but his lips were sealed.
He said it will be coming out but said
that can not give me any
information since it involves trade
secrets.
Maybe Mr. George Keye has been able to
get some info. from them.

I got to listen to most keyboards.
I still beleive the 9000 it the best on the market.
As a second keyboard, Roland VA76 is an excellent choice.
As far as "ease of Use", I give it a 6 out of 10.
I was disappointed with Technics KN6500.
Solton X1 is still the only other one in my opinion that has great
voices, in some cases better than Yamaha.

By the way Yamaha product manager said that the new 10,000 will not
be like the CVP-209. Thank God. Because CVP-209 only allows for two
layers of right hand voice & Intro variations are not available at
your finger tip just like in 9000 and so many other suff.

And you all know about Korg Triton already.

So, I hope someone else who has attended the show would comment on
what they have learned on the future of Yamaha highend keyboard.
Regards,
Shawn">>>>>>>>>>>

#129287 - 01/22/02 09:50 PM Re: NAMM info...........
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The new keyboard should be available to be introduced at the June Summer NAMM show. There is no word to me as to what this keyboard will look like or sound like. Several months ago, a vist from Yamaha Japan's head designer for portable keyboards assured me that the next generation keyboard will definately be different from other Yamaha high end portable products and so we will just have to wait and see.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#129288 - 01/23/02 10:34 AM Re: NAMM info...........
Jupiter5 Offline

Yes, it almost seems like "winter NAMM" 2002 happened Months ago!. I, for one, will be absorbed if Yamaha and Technics introduce their new flagships at the same time. (Let battle commence!?!) A Yamaha 10,000, and a KN7000? Well, we shall see.

It is approximately TWO years & a half since Technics (and Yamaha) released their "main" flagship boards (KN6000 & Yamaha PSR9000). Since then, Technics, and Yamaha have provided us with "transitional" upgrades of there model(s), namely the "Pro 9000" and the "KN6500". They are both great keyboards in there own right, but I own a KN6500 because I think it is a better keyboard overall (generally speaking). Better Piano, Better Soloist's, Better Rhodes/E/Piano's and so forth (all the instruments that you would describe as "Keyboardish"). The way the KN6000/6500 handles “Rootless” chords are enviable by most other arrangers. Ain’t that right scot

As to the next generation of flagships from these brands, and what there content will entail, one can only choose but wonder. It wouldn't be practical (IMO), to introduce a Technics KN7000 (or whatever they call it) at Winter NAMM 2003 - if Yamaha introduce there “10,000” at Nashville in June, because Yamaha will have TOO MUCH of a "head-start" over Technics – IMO. But then again…..

Well OK, I suppose Technics could see how Yamaha gets "along" with the Yamaha 10,000 - and in the mean time, do a lot of R&D (Research and Development) to "better" the Yamaha 10,000, but at what cost? Hmmm? Having said this, it is my feeling that Technics & Yamaha will go "head to Head" when they DO launch their flagships. – Even at the same event.

It's true that little, (if anything) has been seen of Technics at 2002 NAMM. Well, in a way, I am glad that Technics didn't "rush" into producing a KN7000 for winter NAMM, which "Could" have been a equidistant finished product (because Yamaha would have launched their "flagship" (10,000) at June's NAMM festival, and (IMO) Yamaha would have taken the lead in the battle of the arrangers. Whatever!

Did someone mention Frankfurt

J5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online