SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#129071 - 12/08/99 12:24 PM Dave, Tell me about that EQ !
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Dave,
Glad to see your lovin that Harmonizer! You stated that "the EQ was worth the whole thing on the mic". Could you explain how you are using it. I haven't explored the EQ setting yet, and I would be interested in what kind of setting you are using. I saw the adjusments for eq on the page but just blew right by it. I though it was no big deal, but from what you say it really is a cool thing.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#129072 - 12/08/99 01:38 PM Re: Dave, Tell me about that EQ !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yes, Dave, I would like to know too. I have a harmonizer and pattern memory expansion simm on the way.
Don

#129073 - 12/08/99 10:54 PM Re: Dave, Tell me about that EQ !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Uncle Dave,

The EQ settings option on the X1's built-in harmonizer sounds definitely "worth it's weight in gold". Being a #1 a singer-vocalist (as you are), I can definitely appreciate this most important feature.

I checked out the built -in vocal harmonizer feature in the Technics KN6000 and it really sucks compared to the X1. The harmonizer in the KN6000 only has a VERY few presets and you cannot customize the preset harmonies. Also, unfortunately the KN6000 mic inputs jacks are regular 1/4" jacks, not balanced XLR.

What kind of mic inputs are used on the X1? Pro Balanced XLR jacks or
1/4" jacks?

Thanks,

- Scott

#129074 - 12/09/99 01:13 AM Re: Dave, Tell me about that EQ !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That sounds great Dave. I've been carrying external e.q. and external harmonizer.
I may continue to carry a Mackie 1202 in order to use more than one mic through the keyboard effects and harmonizer. That way I can use phantom power and XLR inputs and run a send to the X1.
However for small jobs, just a mic and the X1, and maybe a powered Eon or two is all you need.
Scott,
The X1 mic input is 1/4-inch, but it will accept two mics by using a y-type adapter. Only one mic will go through the harmonizer though.
That's why I use the small mixer. It also lets me run back out of the X1 into the mixer and use balanced XLR outs to the Powered Eon speakers. And I connect a minidisc recorder so I can later listen to all the mistakes I make.
Don

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online