Dave, Tell me about that EQ !

Posted by: George Kaye

Dave, Tell me about that EQ ! - 12/08/99 12:24 PM

Dave,
Glad to see your lovin that Harmonizer! You stated that "the EQ was worth the whole thing on the mic". Could you explain how you are using it. I haven't explored the EQ setting yet, and I would be interested in what kind of setting you are using. I saw the adjusments for eq on the page but just blew right by it. I though it was no big deal, but from what you say it really is a cool thing.
George Kaye
Posted by: DonM

Re: Dave, Tell me about that EQ ! - 12/08/99 01:38 PM

Yes, Dave, I would like to know too. I have a harmonizer and pattern memory expansion simm on the way.
Don
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Dave, Tell me about that EQ ! - 12/08/99 10:54 PM

Hi Uncle Dave,

The EQ settings option on the X1's built-in harmonizer sounds definitely "worth it's weight in gold". Being a #1 a singer-vocalist (as you are), I can definitely appreciate this most important feature.

I checked out the built -in vocal harmonizer feature in the Technics KN6000 and it really sucks compared to the X1. The harmonizer in the KN6000 only has a VERY few presets and you cannot customize the preset harmonies. Also, unfortunately the KN6000 mic inputs jacks are regular 1/4" jacks, not balanced XLR.

What kind of mic inputs are used on the X1? Pro Balanced XLR jacks or
1/4" jacks?

Thanks,

- Scott
Posted by: DonM

Re: Dave, Tell me about that EQ ! - 12/09/99 01:13 AM

That sounds great Dave. I've been carrying external e.q. and external harmonizer.
I may continue to carry a Mackie 1202 in order to use more than one mic through the keyboard effects and harmonizer. That way I can use phantom power and XLR inputs and run a send to the X1.
However for small jobs, just a mic and the X1, and maybe a powered Eon or two is all you need.
Scott,
The X1 mic input is 1/4-inch, but it will accept two mics by using a y-type adapter. Only one mic will go through the harmonizer though.
That's why I use the small mixer. It also lets me run back out of the X1 into the mixer and use balanced XLR outs to the Powered Eon speakers. And I connect a minidisc recorder so I can later listen to all the mistakes I make.
Don