SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#12886 - 02/06/05 10:42 AM 3000 and sm0
Joe Vocht Offline

Loc: Lincoln,NE
I have lots of midi songs...put them on the smcrd in right folder but the kybrd says not smp0 files.Can I convert the files to smp0?? How do I delete the files I already downloaded into the smp player?? By the way I love this keyboard (been a musician [play 11 instruments] for 50 years)!

#12887 - 02/06/05 11:26 AM Re: 3000 and sm0
Royor Offline

Loc: Kern County, CA, USA
In the Casio Music Data Management Software (CMDM), tere's a function to change Midi 1 files into Midi 0.
If you do not already have this soft, get it for free at the casio site (be sure to download version 2)

#12888 - 02/06/05 03:03 PM Re: 3000 and sm0
Joe Vocht Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Royor:
In the Casio Music Data Management Software (CMDM), tere's a function to change Midi 1 files into Midi 0.
If you do not already have this soft, get it for free at the casio site (be sure to download version 2)

I have the software and can't find specifically where it says you can convert...it has convert waves and rythms but no mention of converting midi files to sm0????.

[This message has been edited by Joe Vocht (edited 02-10-2005).]

#12889 - 02/11/05 04:19 AM Re: 3000 and sm0
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Joe, Download the midi files. Then when you open the software look under the pull down bar where you select what type of file you want to work with. Select SMF. I think it's the last one or close to it. If you downloaded to the right folder the SMF you saved will appear on the left hand side. Select with method you want to transfer to on the right side (keyboard, card, disk). Then highlight the SMF on the left and click the red arrow to transfer to whatever you selected and it will automatically convert it for you. Hope this helped.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#12890 - 02/11/05 07:16 AM Re: 3000 and sm0
Joe Vocht Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Joe, Download the midi files. Then when you open the software look under the pull down bar where you select what type of file you want to work with. Select SMF. I think it's the last one or close to it. If you downloaded to the right folder the SMF you saved will appear on the left hand side. Select with method you want to transfer to on the right side (keyboard, card, disk). Then highlight the SMF on the left and click the red arrow to transfer to whatever you selected and it will automatically convert it for you. Hope this helped.

Squeak
Thank you...that was all I needed...a matter of procedure! Wow! It plays my favorite midis just fine. This is an amazing machine! I am using it to record along with my BOSS 1600CD STUDIO and some professionaly recorded midi minus one songs...again thank you.

#12891 - 02/11/05 09:40 AM Re: 3000 and sm0
squeak_D Offline

You're more than welcome. Yeah the WK's are nice little boards. Great features for a good price. Nice digital recorder you have there too. I really enjoy midis on my WK-3500. I downloaded and converted a lot of jazz. blues, and classical midi files. The classical piano ones are really good (after you revoice them of course)

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#12892 - 02/11/05 11:05 AM Re: 3000 and sm0
Joe Vocht Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
You're more than welcome. Yeah the WK's are nice little boards. Great features for a good price. Nice digital recorder you have there too. I really enjoy midis on my WK-3500. I downloaded and converted a lot of jazz. blues, and classical midi files. The classical piano ones are really good (after you revoice them of course)

Squeak

Oh Oh, so now I have another question...How do you revoice the midi sounds that are already downloaded??

#12893 - 02/11/05 12:38 PM Re: 3000 and sm0
squeak_D Offline

That's a simple one. First start the midi file. Then press the (mixer) button. This gives you access to all 16 tracks. Then use the (left) and (right) curser to select idividual tracks. Example: say you selected track 3, and there is a guitar voice assigned to it. Just dial in the number of another voice and that track will change. You can then use the (down) cursor to change other parameters to the same track such as reverb, pan, volume, octave, ect. You can do this with all the tracks. Unfourtunately there is no way to save those changes (or at least I haven't figured it out yet). Also a downside is that you cannot make changes until you press the start button. If you make all your changes prior to that and then start the midi file it will automatically go back to the default settings. Hope this helped.

Squeak

Squeak

#12894 - 02/11/05 01:07 PM Re: 3000 and sm0
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
If you just want to play around with the instruments...start a midi file, then stop it. Use the mixer button as squeak-d said. Then... use your registration buttons (bank to select a bank, from 1 thru 8...using the 'yes/no' buttons to advance). So, you have 8 banks of '4' memory slots...for a total of 32 memory slots that you can use.
Now, to save your mixer settings (for the midi you are playing with)...press and hold the 'store' button, and one of the numbered slots (1 thru 4). You have now set the instrument selection for the 16 midi channels.
When you start the midi file...press the registration you stored to (one of the 32 choices). The tones you selected should now replace the originals

#12895 - 02/11/05 03:00 PM Re: 3000 and sm0
Joe Vocht Offline

Wow! You guys are really midi-literate...I have a little problem with midi, but it seems to be clearing up thanks to your efforts...Now...a friend of mine has a w1700 casio and is jealous of my sounds...he wants to see if we can dump them on to his keyboard!! I'm a little shy re doing that because I'm afraid I'll lose my sounds in the interim. Is it possible to dump all my settings e.g. whatever the casio 3000 has in memory to my 64 meg smartmediacard to save in case of a faux pas???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online