SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12859 - 02/26/05 06:30 PM WK-1200 Broken Key: D below Middle C
ejpatty Offline

Loc: PHOENIX, AZ, USA
Well, tossed the keyboard in the back seat of the car without being in its case. One emergency stop later, I have a broken key. Has anyone replaced a key before? I would like recommendations on "do it yourself" plus part locations in/near Phoenix.
Jim

#12860 - 02/27/05 10:31 AM Re: WK-1200 Broken Key: D below Middle C
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
If you cann't find a parts place, you could try looking at some of the cheaper Casios...to see if the keys might be interchangeable. You may even be able to find a used one at a 'GoodWill or Salvation Army' type store. Or the 'used toy' type store. You could also swap out a higher/lower key (less used) for the broken one. I hope you can find a fix. If not...check out the Casio wk 3000/3500's, you may decide to go for a new one...and use the 1200 for parts

#12861 - 02/27/05 11:38 PM Re: WK-1200 Broken Key: D below Middle C
ejpatty Offline

Thanks for the input. I am looking at a used 3000. I just don't use it enough so was hoping to fix it cheap!
Jim

#12862 - 03/18/05 09:07 AM Re: WK-1200 Broken Key: D below Middle C
Timo1 Offline

Loc: USA
about a month ago I broke a key on my wk 1800, the part with shipping for an octave was only 10 bucks, however hehe I fixed with super glue temporarily (I thought) and moved the broken key from the middle c area to the top of the keyboard which is used less often.. anyways so far the super glue is holding and I havent needed to use the replacement part yet... ps. there were a million screws to take off kinda of a pain..

#12863 - 03/21/05 09:06 PM Re: WK-1200 Broken Key: D below Middle C
ejpatty Offline

"hehe I fixed with super glue temporarily"

What a good idea! I would never have thought that super glue would hold. I'll have to try it (along with moving the key away from middle c. THANKS!

#12864 - 03/26/05 10:39 AM Re: WK-1200 Broken Key: D below Middle C
Timo1 Offline

Loc: USA
fyi I tried with super glue without taking back off etc and that didnt hold... when I took whole thing apart I was able to go above and kinda underneath it with the super glue and that seems to be working. I did order the part (its sitting in my bedroom) and its relatively easy to put on once you get the screws off the back...if I had to do it again I would use the replacement part instead of the glueing. once your inside you just unscrew bout 3 screws take out bad broken key set) they use 2 sets of white keys ... one is 3 white keys linked together and the other group is 2 white keys linked together..you get both sets with shipping for bout $10 took about a week to arrive..just take out the bad set and screw in the new peice
in its place. then hard part--putting the cover on the back on again (100 screws it seems like)

Hehe anyways good luck with repair or replacement!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online