SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#128570 - 10/27/03 11:43 AM Re: Transposing a song
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Nardoni2002,
Sounds like what your asking is. Would you change the inversion of a particular chord if you were in another key? The answer would be no. Actually if you want to use a minamalist approach you only need to learn one chord postion. Ex. I play G in root postion. If I'm playing in the G scale, G is played in root position. If I'm playing in C, G is played in root position. In F, G is in root. Is that your question? Did I answer it?
I have to change position on my Yamaha PSR550 when I play for example a Dsus. Yamaha thinks its a G?? So I am forced to play in root postion, so it will be recognized correctly. Does this happen as well on the PSR2100?
Starkeeper

#128571 - 10/27/03 03:25 PM Re: Transposing a song
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
not quite starkeeper,let me explain on my keyboard ,the lowest note i go down to is F2 and my splitpoint is at A#2,which i play F chord root,now if you play a piece for example in the key of AMajor and the piece started in ARoot ,with primary chords if the next chord progressed to DMajor it would be DM 2nd inversion and the next was EMajor 2nd inversion(ah now i have found my mistake)what i misunderstood was that playing the Emajor would take me past the splitpoint.it should have been EMajor 1st inversion,up till now i have been working on keys of C,F,Bb,Eb,G andD,primary chords and all inversions, i didn,t see the point of learning the keys of more than 4 sharps or more than 4 flats because most music don,t go that far,mike

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online