SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12795 - 11/08/04 10:36 AM Possibly defective keyboard?
jocase Offline

Hello, it's jocase from the old forum. Been trying to find it for a long time.

I have a friend who just got a WK-3000, and I have played it a couple of times. It was acting very strangely, going off at random, freezing, so I reset it to the factory settings, but it froze again, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in, and turned it on. It was stuck on "pls wait" and stayed like that all day until my friend adjusted the volume and it popped back to life.

Now it is making loud popping sounds from the speakers when I use it, like when I change rhythms or tones. The voices sound dull and quiet, and sometimes, when you turn it off and then on again, it's set itself to a rhythm and tone. Help please? Thank you.

jocase

#12796 - 11/08/04 10:41 AM Re: Possibly defective keyboard?
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
Sounds like a major trouble. Can they return it?

[This message has been edited by Jim Wintringham (edited 11-08-2004).]

#12797 - 11/08/04 10:44 AM Re: Possibly defective keyboard?
jocase Offline

Urgh...possibly. It is brand-new so they could return it and get a new one...my friend was just using it just now and it made a boom that echoed for a little bit. Ugh. It was mailed to their house, perhaps it was jolted a bit during the trip...? But they got it in late-July, I think...is it still under warranty?

jocase

[This message has been edited by jocase (edited 11-08-2004).]

#12798 - 11/09/04 11:53 AM Re: Possibly defective keyboard?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
It's covered under the Casio warranty for sure. There's something wrong with that board too. My first WK-3500 was defective. When you turned it on all you got was a blank blue screen, no sound or anything. He should contact the store or place he bought it from ASAP, and if he needs to go further contact Casio.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#12799 - 11/09/04 08:31 PM Re: Possibly defective keyboard?
jocase Offline

Thanks, squeak. That I will do.

jocase

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online