SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12754 - 12/26/00 06:46 PM wk-1800 / midi files/ cakewalk! Whew!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am thinking of purchasing a Casio wk-1800 with floppy drive. I understand it will record sessions as midi files. I want to take that floppy to a computer, run the midi file through CakeWalk and print a score. Is this possible, or do I need to have the keyboard attached to my computer during the recording session to create the printed score?

#12755 - 12/27/00 10:31 PM Re: wk-1800 / midi files/ cakewalk! Whew!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

In order to get your scores, or your sessions
into midi you have to connect your keyboard to your computers midi jack as there is no way of saving your sessions as midis.It is recomended to use casio's Multimedia kit to asist you in getting your scores as for midi, cakewalk is definately the no.1 choice

JustCasio

QUOTE]Originally posted by mrcyberdoc:
I am thinking of purchasing a Casio wk-1800 with floppy drive. I understand it will record sessions as midi files. I want to take that floppy to a computer, run the midi file through CakeWalk and print a score. Is this possible, or do I need to have the keyboard attached to my computer during the recording session to create the printed score?[/QUOTE]

#12756 - 12/28/00 12:25 PM Re: wk-1800 / midi files/ cakewalk! Whew!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The WK-1800 literature says it saves sessions on it's built in floppy drive as General Midis. Is this not true?

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online