SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#127308 - 11/02/05 08:40 AM Re: Just wanted to comment about the Piano sounds in our keyboards!
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
I'd have to say (from what i've played)

1. Roland VA7 / VA76
2. Yamaha Tyros
3. Korg PA80
4. Ketron SD1

Claude

#127309 - 11/02/05 08:44 AM Re: Just wanted to comment about the Piano sounds in our keyboards!
andrewpowell Offline

Loc: UK
I know this is an Arranger forum but whilst we're on the subject of pianos, has anyone heard/got a Promega piano? Ands if so, what do you think of it?

#127310 - 11/02/05 08:53 AM Re: Just wanted to comment about the Piano sounds in our keyboards!
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Thing is they ALL sound good and sound like a real piano.
Squeak

I haven't heard the top-of-the-line arrangers, but NONE of the mid range keyboards sound like a REAL piano, IMO. Even the PSR3000, does not sound like a REAL piano, IMO. (This is coming from a non piano player).
Star

#127311 - 11/02/05 10:18 AM Re: Just wanted to comment about the Piano sounds in our keyboards!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
My Favorite Arranger Piano sounds (outta the box):
1. Technics KN7000
2. Yamaha Tyros
3. Ketron SD1
4. Roland G70 (would've be rated much higher if it weren't for all the added reverb)
5. Korg PA1XPro
Scott

Scott as a kn player I found your reply interesting ... I haven't tried many other brands, so I can't really comment, but I was interested to know where others may have felt the technics piano sounds rated in comparison ... How would you compare the kn7 to the kn6 ?
t.

#127312 - 11/02/05 10:39 AM Re: Just wanted to comment about the Piano sounds in our keyboards!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I'm with DonM here. There's something about the Casio WK piano. If you just lower the reverb on that preset it sounds really nice. Especially the bottom end. That area of the sample really impressed me. That was my gripe with some of the Yamaha arrangers, even the PSR-2000. I dropped a PSR-550 for the WK-3500 and haven't looked back

The new WK's have a REALLY good piano sample. Anyone heard the basic demo on the Casio UK site?

I too like the Technics piano samples. Out of all the ones listed by members here I think Yamaha would be at the bottom of my list. Roland has some nice samples, and so does Ketron.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#127313 - 11/02/05 11:31 AM Re: Just wanted to comment about the Piano sounds in our keyboards!
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I thought we were talking piano sounds in ARRANGERS, so my answer was my opinion on those that I've heard.
DonM

With options like the Ketron MidJay and programs like OMB I no longer feel limited to all-in-one devices when I think of arrangers. In fact, I don't think manufacturers have left us much choice if we want 88 weighted keys to go with that piano sound in a portable professional arranger.

#127314 - 11/03/05 01:19 AM Re: Just wanted to comment about the Piano sounds in our keyboards!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Not exactly portable, but Wersi make the Giga Piano with 88 Notes and Hammer action keyboard complete with the OAS Expander all in one Piano type cabinet.
The Piano Sound I believe is “The Grand” Giga Sample from Steinberg, link below, unfortunately it is still in German at the moment, but you should get the idea and Babel Fish will do a reasonable translation. I have also included the American site, which unfortunately always seems to be a long way behind the rest of the World.
(Don’t Wersi USA realise what a big market that they have access to)
http://www.wersi.net/html/gigapiano.html http://www.wersimusic.com/pianos1.htm

Bill

#127315 - 11/03/05 05:47 AM Re: Just wanted to comment about the Piano sounds in our keyboards!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewpowell:
I know this is an Arranger forum but whilst we're on the subject of pianos, has anyone heard/got a Promega piano? Ands if so, what do you think of it?

Hello Andrew,

I don't think you will find anyone in this forum that has experience with the Promega series instruments. You might try THIS forum. I know there are several Promega owners who post there.

In the meantime, if you have specific questions about the Promega 3, I will be happy to answer them for you.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#127316 - 11/03/05 06:03 AM Re: Just wanted to comment about the Piano sounds in our keyboards!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Esh:
With options like the Ketron MidJay and programs like OMB I no longer feel limited to all-in-one devices when I think of arrangers. In fact, I don't think manufacturers have left us much choice if we want 88 weighted keys to go with that piano sound in a portable professional arranger.

Jim are you getting a Midjay?

#127317 - 11/03/05 12:11 PM Re: Just wanted to comment about the Piano sounds in our keyboards!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Trident, you are right the Roland Orchestral piano is good, but guess what?? The Roland Super Quartet is the best of the Roland soft synths..
Yesterday I tried the Casio WK3700, I couldn't tell any big differences over the WK3000 sounds..I was listening from memory, and did not have a WK3000 to compare at the store..

I did run across a style Jazz Combo3[I think] ..it seemed a little different than Jazz Combo on the WK3000..Very usable..

Jim , I am with you on the lack of mid range in the piano sounds...That is why I liked the Roland E-600 piano..

Guys,[KN guys] I think it is just what we get use to...I don't think the KN7000 piano is at the top of the list...I seem to recall a lack of dynamics with the tone/fullness[not loudness]..

There are many good piano sounds on our keyboards, tone wise, but across the board[range] is when they start telling the short comings..

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online