SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#127290 - 10/13/05 02:25 PM Group Purchase for Tyros 2!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I would like to organize a group purchase of the Tyros 2. If we can form at least 5 buyers into a group, I think we will get an amazing price. If anyone is ready and serious about this idea, please let me know!

#127291 - 10/13/05 04:46 PM Re: Group Purchase for Tyros 2!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
If we can form at least 5 buyers into a group, I think we will get an amazing price.
Chony, curious what you consider a realistically 'amazing' price? - Scott

#127292 - 10/13/05 07:48 PM Re: Group Purchase for Tyros 2!
chony Offline

Scott, I really don't know yet - maybe you could help us out! Once I see there is interest, I will call as many places as possible and tell them I am looking for the best possible price for 5 to 10 Ty2s. I am sure there are enough capitalist dealers out there who will seize the opportunity! I would also recommend that anyone interested canvas around themselves - it could be someone will get a better quote than I will! Chony.

#127293 - 10/13/05 09:02 PM Re: Group Purchase for Tyros 2!
Scottyee Offline

Hi Chony: I suspect, to get a volume (group)discount deal, that 'one' person (you?) would have to actually purchase all the keyboards first, and then the others in the group would have to pay (reimburse) you. Not sure if this would cause warranty transfer issues though, as I suspect you would be considered the original purchaser. Perhaps George Kaye or DanO could chime in here and share their expertise in this area. - Scott

#127294 - 10/13/05 10:39 PM Re: Group Purchase for Tyros 2!
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi Chony: I suspect, to get a volume (group)discount deal, that 'one' person (you?) would have to actually purchase all the keyboards first, and then the others in the group would have to pay (reimburse) you. Not sure if this would cause warranty transfer issues though, as I suspect you would be considered the original purchaser. Perhaps George Kaye or DanO could chime in here and share their expertise in this area. - Scott

I doubt that would be the case. I'm sure we could get each person to call in with their personal financial information, and get them to release all the keyboards once this has been done. It could be some big companies wouldn't want to do this, however given that this is a $10-20,000 transaction, and most employees work on commission, I think you will find that they would go out of their way to make it work.

Are you getting a Ty2? You seem to be able to get amazing prices - maybe you could help us out over here .

Chony

#127295 - 10/13/05 10:52 PM Re: Group Purchase for Tyros 2!
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Are you getting a Ty2?

Chony. I'm surprised you asked. Better go back & read my threads to find out where I ordered mine. - Scott

#127296 - 10/14/05 05:13 PM Re: Group Purchase for Tyros 2!
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Yes, certain dealers will be able to offer a group discount and sell the keyboards directly to the individual purchasers. You must guarantee a certain number of buyers (say 10, or better yet 20). Then contact numerous dealers to find the best offer. Send him the list of all purchasers and each one contacts that dealer direct for the "special" deal. if you are not on the list, you don't get that price. That is exactly what we did for the original Tyros. The dealer was able to give us a really great price. We agreed not to make it publicly know so that his future sales were not affected. But, this all takes a lot of time and work. Organizing this is not easy, at all. And, if you guarantee 20 buyers, the dealer expects that committment - otherwise, no deal. Or worse yet, the group must buy the full number from him. Good luck with your group purchase efforts. I suspect you might be able to get your Tyros2 for about $2600-$2700, if you are lucky.

Tom G.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online