SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12708 - 02/21/01 09:31 AM Music123.com
demitch Offline

Hi everyone!!

Has anyone here had any online buying experience with Music123.com? I'm interested in purchasing a Casio MZ-2000 that I saw there, seems like it was a pretty good deal, so I thought I'd look into it. If any one has had any experience with this dealer(positive or negative), please respond.

------------------

Thanx,
demitch

#12709 - 02/21/01 07:26 PM Re: Music123.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi demitch,

I bought a MZ2000 from Music123. I ordered it just before Christmas, they told me it was not in stock so it would be several weeks before I received it. I appreciated the honesty and told them it was not for Christmas and go ahead and order. It did come in several weeks (about 4 I believe). I talked with the sales manager, Jeff. He did not try to push anything on me, and I liked the soft sell. The price was $1099 total, no shipping. But this is what really impressed me. There is a 30 day money back refund. I e-mailed them about 20 days into it, to check if they would honor that (I was considering a $3200.00 new Solton or Yamaha and I wanted to know my options. I did not want any surprises). They e-mailed me the return number (actually the same number as the order number) with no questions asked. VERY impressive. I did not return the keyboard so I still have it and really enjoy it.

In conclusion, yes they were great to deal with and honored everything they said. You should not be disappointed with their policies. Hope you get the MZ2000 and enjoy it as much as I do.

Regards,
Jack

#12710 - 02/23/01 09:57 AM Re: Music123.com
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I know Jeff personally - he's a straight up guy.

#12711 - 03/14/01 11:55 PM Re: Music123.com
SEA Offline

I bought my MZ-2000 from Music 123 last year in May. I had to special-order it because they were brand new and hadn't come to the USA yet. I bought mine with a 10% discount that was being offered by Music 123 at the time (I received it through my e-mail...).
Somehow, in the course of questions and answers to Music 123 back and forth..the offer had expired by a day or two. But they still honored the coupon and my MZ costed less than $1000/free shipping. I dealt with Jeff directly too. My experience with him was very favorable..and Jeff is a reputable and professional person. Music 123 stood by thier product and stood by thier word to me.
My MZ arrived in good shape a month later...at the time they said it would arriving in the US.They were one of the very first online music stores to offer the MZ.It was a great deal.And I wouldn't hesitate to make a major purchase from them in the future.

#12712 - 03/18/01 11:02 AM Re: Music123.com
demitch Offline

Hi MZ-2000 users...Thanks for the feedback on Music 123. Based on what you guys had informed me of, I went ahead and purchased the MZ-2000. It arrived last week. I enjoyed it so much that, the day it arrived, I took the day off( big snow storm! ) so that I could begin learning about some of the features. For the most part I found that everything was pretty much straight forward with the exception of a few things here and there..ie, step inputting, selecting a series of events for editing, copy/merge, etc. I mean, I followed the procedures in the manual to the "T', but didn't seem to get the results I wanted. But I'm sure I'll get it. It's just a matter of time.

Other than that, I really enjoy it!!. I recorded some straight piano stuff using some of the different accompaniments and found that it added a different dimension to my playing,( my improvisation skills really seemed to flourish!!) making me sound a whole lot better. I'm sure after I've spent some considerable time with this keyboard and get everything down pat, using more patterns and even creating some my own, my improvizational skills will only continue to grow, which is what I really need in my playing right now.

Later!

------------------

Thanx,
demitch

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online