SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#126789 - 07/28/07 11:35 AM S900 has arrived.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't want to take time to write this twice so check out my FIRST impressions, if you are interested, HERE: http://www.smallgig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=559
DonM

#126790 - 07/28/07 01:11 PM Re: S900 has arrived.
ricok987 Offline

Loc: N Brunswick, NJ, US
For Future reverence:
2 words:
Copy + Paste = 2 seconds of time...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DonM:
[B]I don't want to take time to write this twice

#126791 - 07/28/07 01:51 PM Re: S900 has arrived.
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Well there it is then:

Fed Ex brought it about an hour ago. I unboxed it, plugged it in and have been playing it ever since. As expected, it is a lot like previous Yamahas; more like the Tyros 2 than anything else.
It has a few great new styles, and many of the sounds are improved, some even over the T2. I've just been playing it through its own speakers, and they sound good and are very powerful.
Like some others have noted, the screen position is not adjustable and would be better suited for standing, rather than sitting. However my stool sits high and it isn't really a problem. I may tilt the keyboard slightly toward me to compensate though.
The buttons are totally different, with a soft touch and little lights in them to show if they are in use. You have to press them, not merely touch them, to activate.
The screen is way bigger than the one on the 3000. It may be close to as large as the one on T1, but I don't remember for sure.
This afternoon I will plug it into both the Logitech Z220, which I already have set up for my computer, and later the Bose system. I will also experiment with the mic input and the onboard WAV recorder. Sometime this weekend I will load text files (lyrics) to see how that works. I will use a USB hub so I can plug in several outboard drives.
The Operating System is the same as T2 so it is no problem at all for me to navigate. Many of the styles are the same, but most all are improved, to my ears.
So far, I like it better than I expected to.
HankB is coming over to check it out. Bill, you're invited too!
More Later,
DonM

#126792 - 07/28/07 02:36 PM Re: S900 has arrived.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks guys, I know about copy and paste, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to build a little traffic for SemiLive's site too.
BTW, Reverence is for church
DonM

#126793 - 07/28/07 02:59 PM Re: S900 has arrived.
ricok987 Offline

Loc: N Brunswick, NJ, US
I kind of figured that was what you were trying to do-that's why I didn't paste it here-myself.

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Thanks guys, I know about copy and paste, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to build a little traffic for SemiLive's site too.
BTW, Reverence is for church
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online