SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#126630 - 05/09/03 01:45 PM Besides Playing Arranger KB..pro or not ..What Other Hobbies do you like to do ?
Dnj Offline

Im off to a gig tonight but upon my return I will comment. I thought it would be interesting to hear about peoples hobbies other then playing keyboards, taking into consideration everyoone is all over the world?

#126631 - 05/09/03 01:53 PM Re: Besides Playing Arranger KB..pro or not ..What Other Hobbies do you like to do ?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
When I get the time I enjoy drawing.. I've been an artist for years. Even worked as a Graphic Designer for a local print shop before they went out of business.. Not really a huge call for that around here anymore... I used to design business cards, logos, and a whole bunch of other stuff.. I can run a dark room too... Took a trade course in Graphic Design several years back.. If I was back up on Lake Erie I'd be fishing my butt off every chance I got..

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#126632 - 05/09/03 02:04 PM Re: Besides Playing Arranger KB..pro or not ..What Other Hobbies do you like to do ?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I used to fish, hunt, chase younger women, ride horses, bust bronc's, wrestle steers and drink lots of beer. Now I just play go fishing or work in the garden. Ain't it amazing how times slips away--damn, that song's still in my head.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#126633 - 05/09/03 03:04 PM Re: Besides Playing Arranger KB..pro or not ..What Other Hobbies do you like to do ?
KN_Fan Offline

Bowling...golfing..movies..cooking (yep..that's right)...

#126634 - 05/09/03 03:14 PM Re: Besides Playing Arranger KB..pro or not ..What Other Hobbies do you like to do ?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Vegetable and flower gardening. I would love to try to live off my own produce. Still have away to go.
Starkeeper

#126635 - 05/09/03 03:21 PM Re: Besides Playing Arranger KB..pro or not ..What Other Hobbies do you like to do ?
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Squeak...
Interesting to hear your art background. I had a graphic production house for about 12 years. We weren't printers, but did all the camera ready stuff (actual mechanicals until computers came on the scene). I sold just in time. Most all my big clients computerized and went inhouse with PageMaker, Quark, Photoshop and the like. The company is still running...but with only 3 people vs the 13 I had.
Eddie
Eddie

#126636 - 05/09/03 03:49 PM Re: Besides Playing Arranger KB..pro or not ..What Other Hobbies do you like to do ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't like the word "hobby". So I will just tell you about other things I like to do besides my teaching/academic work. Reading and playing/listening music come first. Then I like bicycling, hiking, photography, traveling (when possible), meeting people from other countries (I don't loose the opportunity of a good conversation with a foreigner). All simple pleasures...

-- José.

#126637 - 05/09/03 03:56 PM Re: Besides Playing Arranger KB..pro or not ..What Other Hobbies do you like to do ?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
btweengigs,
That's cool we have the art background in common.. Yeah everything did go digital. When I was doing it there were still quite a few places that used the old darkrooms.. I actually liked that process... It was fun to shoot a negative, make the plate, and move on to the press. I loved doing multicolor documents on the presses because I had a great time getting all the registration marks lined up to get the copy just right. It was such a fun line of work... I designed a lot of local business cards, did rest. menues, and a whole bunch of other stuff "I even saw the other day that one of the local chinese rest. still use the menu I designed... " I'd love to still do this line of work, but nothing around here anymore...

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 05-09-2003).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#126638 - 05/09/03 04:25 PM Re: Besides Playing Arranger KB..pro or not ..What Other Hobbies do you like to do ?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
golf; watching Red Wings hockey; listening to my CD collection.

Cass

#126639 - 05/09/03 04:33 PM Re: Besides Playing Arranger KB..pro or not ..What Other Hobbies do you like to do ?
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Minor woodworking
Collecting art glass
Poker

Not necessarily in that order

Jerry

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online