SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#126567 - 01/04/04 08:27 PM Happy New Year to all and What are your predictions for NAMM 2004?
jinxchin Offline

Loc: Wichita, KS, USA
Happy New Year to everyone! Again, I have to apologize for my very inconsistent posts here, due to my hectic schedule, but I am certainly glad to be a part of this fine forum!

So, what do you all think will blow everyone away at the upcoming NAMM show? Is the Tyros Pro going to appear? What are the giants like Yamaha, Roland, Korg and GEM going to do to outdo one another this time? Predictions? Anyone?

#126568 - 01/06/04 12:47 PM Re: Happy New Year to all and What are your predictions for NAMM 2004?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Jinx: Happy New Year to you too, even though I realize that we still have yet another New Year celebration (lunar) coming up in just a few weeks. I'm currently preparing for my stage show performance at the San Francisco Chinese New Years Parade Festival (Feb 8th) which will include my re-worked rendition of the "Monkee's Theme song" to welcome in the year of the Monkey.

I have no idea about a Tyros Pro, but as I'm sure you already know, the PSR3000 is definitely scheduled to be debuted at NAMM Anaheim 'this' year. - Scott

#126569 - 01/06/04 01:14 PM Re: Happy New Year to all and What are your predictions for NAMM 2004?
Dnj Offline

Scott please when your finished with the "MONKEY" song...I would love to hear it...please record it for us [MP3] OK?

#126570 - 01/06/04 01:19 PM Re: Happy New Year to all and What are your predictions for NAMM 2004?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Roland will demo their EXR-3 and EXR-5, which is already available in Europe and in Canada (surprised about that one). Would be great if they came out with an EXR-7, but I'm not predicting this.
I don't know if Casio has a booth at these shows, but if they do, they will be demoing their WK3000 and WK3500. If they don't show up at the show, then even they consider themselves to be a toy manufacture not a serious musical instrument maker. Sigh.
Yamaha will demo the PSR1500, PSR3000 and Motif ES.
Will Ekco show up with a real product or be bankrupt?
Korg will demo the PA1X PRO.
Starkeeper

#126571 - 01/06/04 01:28 PM Re: Happy New Year to all and What are your predictions for NAMM 2004?
Dnj Offline

YAWN....Zzzzzzzzzzz

#126572 - 01/06/04 02:14 PM Re: Happy New Year to all and What are your predictions for NAMM 2004?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Look for Yamaha/Zero-G's Vocaloid singing synthesis VST program to be released at NAMM. I hope Yamaha is ready to show their mLan interface for the Motif ES also - word is that it will finally ship in March.

In general I expect to see a lot of new softsynths and hence a new batch of MIDI controllers to use with them, especially controllers with audio interfaces built-in because the laptop-based DAW/softsynth workstation concept is hot. Most new keyboards will likely have some kind of feature that allows them to be used as softsynth/DAW controllers, ala the Motif ES. This could be the year that new softsynth releases outpace hardsynths.

Eko? Nah... Open Labs seems more interested in producing keyboard-less audio workstations now and I haven't heard of anyone anywhere who actually bought one of those original overpriced eKos anyway. After the shock of the eKo debut wore off I think most people realized that a laptop was more useful than a dedicated Windows or Linux-based keyboard instrument, so that reinforces my belief that the market for MIDI controllers will be hot for 2004. The eKo sure shook things up for a while though... hope we see other innovations equally impressive.

#126573 - 01/06/04 02:21 PM Re: Happy New Year to all and What are your predictions for NAMM 2004?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
can't wait for that one to released. It's already showing up on websites, so hopefully it won't be too long till they start shipping.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Pro:
[B]Look for Yamaha/Zero-G's Vocaloid singing synthesis VST program to be released at NAMM.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online