SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#126515 - 01/11/04 01:33 PM Re: Drinking on the job...OK or Not?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Well, I lived like a real rock star for a while. My friends compared me to Keith Richards...Not only because of my absession with 52 TELEs but also because I was NEVER sober. Just about two years ago I used to kill a 26er of Jack a day + 4-5 Heinikens and of coarse wine... It was bad to say the least. It really started screwing things up at some point, so I quit that shit.
My days of drinking at work or at home are OVER. Wish I could say the same for my drummer and my bass...They still drink like postal workers (just an expression).

-ED-

#126516 - 01/11/04 01:50 PM Re: Drinking on the job...OK or Not?
Dnj Offline

Ed....way to go....enjoy life my friend you only get one!

#126517 - 01/11/04 03:25 PM Re: Drinking on the job...OK or Not?
nedsolaud Offline

Loc: Germany
That`s why I like to live in Bavaria!

Beer is an bavarian main food especially when you have to play 16 days at our (and your) oktoberfest. And when you take a look at our tv programs you wonder that we are so sober. But when I sometimes take a look at the problems we have with our keyboards I would tell the programmers at the companies:
"Don`t drink and develope!"

But, seriously: The years where we were drunken, had a lot of fun and a lot of willing girls are gone. The kind of music we have to do today allows not to be drunken at work. And even if you decide to drink at work, the biggest sin is to drink and drive.

#126518 - 01/14/04 11:03 AM Re: Drinking on the job...OK or Not?
Dnj Offline

Good Idea or not?.....

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=st...us/coffin_photo

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-14-2004).]

#126519 - 01/14/04 02:02 PM Re: Drinking on the job...OK or Not?
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
As Fran Carango

Absolutely NOT!!

Chico

#126520 - 01/14/04 02:11 PM Re: Drinking on the job...OK or Not?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nedsolaud:
That`s why I like to live in Bavaria!

Beer is an bavarian main food especially when you have to play 16 days at our (and your) oktoberfest. The years where we were drunken, had a lot of fun and a lot of willing girls are gone. biggest sin is to drink and drive.

What are the Bavarian drinking laws regarding driving if beer is so prevelent there?

#126521 - 01/14/04 04:17 PM Re: Drinking on the job...OK or Not?
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
My dad is a Microbiologist and was doing research in Germany for a year. He said they’d be at lunch and scoffed at cause they didn't order beer with their food. He said they're were these petite ladies with huge glasses of beer while they ate. Everyone was drinking beer night and day and at work... He says the reason know one is outraged about the consumption is because hardly no one drives they walk or get a cab... He's English and the pubs are on the corner, so it's just a walk... I think Drinking and driving is more an American hobby as we are urban sprallers... Constantly moving further away from the city to ovoid crime and in doing so we drive more and more... We certainly are not a tight nit community like in Europe... I know my neighbor on my right and on my left and that’s about it. You could not make it in the states if you don't have a car and if you do decide to walk every one driving likes to take a good look at you as they drive along... Just an observation..

Oh, by the way more people are killed by drunk drivers in TX than any other state... That's why a year ago they finally outlawed open containers in cars... which I think Cal did 15 years ago.. I've got a buddy who doesn’t drink, doesn’t like to drink and always ready for pick up... which I thank em for... However, if I'm not doing a gig, which is about once a month, I don't go out the house anyway...
DJ

[This message has been edited by beachbum (edited 01-14-2004).]

#126522 - 01/14/04 04:27 PM Re: Drinking on the job...OK or Not?
Dnj Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by beachbum:
I know my neighbor on my right and on my left and that’s about it.

Re: above statement...
That is if your lucky!!...
times have changed in the last 40 yrs big time and many times if it's for the better?
I miss the old neighborhood feeling of closness. I wonder If I was younger and got married today, would I bring kids into this crazy world again..... By the way great post!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-14-2004).]

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online