SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#126378 - 12/20/05 08:51 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Diki,
I agree with some of your points, but it's more difficult to program "trance" beats using an arrangers style recorder. It's the way the patterns/styles are recorded using the arranger functions, and also some limitations.

Recording Trance beats on say a Motif, is quite simple. Then chaining those patterns together is very easy as well. With pattern chaining you can put the backing tracks together much more quickly on say a Motif, Triton, or Fantom.

With the arranger style recorders, it can get a little "jumpy" when recording the "fill-ins" and getting them to trigger properly.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-20-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#126379 - 12/20/05 10:55 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
Vadim Offline

Listen to Motif's Demo: Trance ACT , no comments about it, its the best!!!

#126380 - 12/20/05 10:57 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
Heard it a million of times ...ugh so you can't change chords on the motif.. ? you can't use it as an arranger.. ?

#126381 - 12/20/05 11:06 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
Vadim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by claudiu:
...ugh so you can't change chords on the motif.. ? you can't use it as an arranger.. ?

But there's a sequencer... Arpegiator, you can play it live, exept that there are no fill-ins, intro,ending stuff. press the Performance button and scroll.. untill you find a performance you like.

#126382 - 12/20/05 11:13 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
claudiu Offline

so i'll be like the small " dj tiesto " ... vadim lol you make me love it more ! do you have one ? .. what are the expansion things.. ?...

#126383 - 12/20/05 11:15 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
claudiu Offline

you don't need fill ins for trance - house...stuff - but what else can you do with the motif ... ? any kinds of music.. i believe..yeah... i'll be like " tiesto " ...i love it ..

#126384 - 12/20/05 11:23 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
You can do any style of music with the Motif. Reason is that it not only has an indpeth synth engine and very nice synth sounds with huge sonic ability, it also has some great "bread and butter" sounds in the acoustic department.

It wasn't always like that though. Personally I think in the past many arrangers had better acoustic voices than the synths. That has however changed because Yamaha for example is including the sweet voices, ect on their Motif line (taken from the arranger line).

I'd take a Motif, Triton, or Fantom any day over an arranger (even the Tyros2 and Korg PAX series) when it comes to writing music such as dance, trance, techno, drums & bass, rap and hiphop.

The sequencers on these units are more (ideal) in my opinion for writing this music. Especially when it comes to assembling patterns.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-20-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#126385 - 12/20/05 11:29 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
Vadim Offline

With a Workstation(like Motif es) you probably can do music in almost any genre especialy: Dance,Techno,Trance,Hip-Hop..., ( expanding is: adding sound epansion boards, adding memory..etc).
also keep in mind that Motif ES 6/7/8 are the same between them, and Motif 6/7/8 are the same between them.
Very Similiar to Motif: KORG Triton(Studio, Extreme, Le),Korg OASYS, Roland Fantom-X.

[This message has been edited by Vadim (edited 12-20-2005).]

#126386 - 12/20/05 11:40 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
claudiu Offline

fantom is a studio keyboard....fantom does the same thing motif does.. ? gee..i'm so behind ..update me ..please

#126387 - 12/20/05 11:44 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
claudiu Offline

if a workstation does everything..explain me why dj tiesto has all that gear..computers...disks ...and all that crap ... ( i'm not saying dj tiesto...because he's my favorite thing...trance is just another part of the music i like.. ) why doesn't he use just a synth workstation.. ?
look at all this gear http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2GV2B1AG3L6P9216V1WXB8HHED

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online