SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#126237 - 09/29/05 02:55 PM Tyros - Using pedal to trigger percussion
zalmi Offline

Loc: London, UK
Hi,

how is everyone?

I've been playing with my Tyros a lot and loving it (who doesn't?)

I am experimenting with using the pedal to trigger cymbals with the foot pedal for dance kind of music. (one of the settings in the controllers menu)

My problem is that I can't seem to get the c
volume of that cymbal down. It crashes at velocity of 127 (I assume, as there is no sensitivity), and I can't seem to tame it. Can anybody give me some help and tell me if you can control the volume of it?

Many thanks,

Zalman

#126238 - 10/02/05 04:23 AM Re: Tyros - Using pedal to trigger percussion
zalmi Offline

Anybody please?

#126239 - 10/10/05 07:36 AM Re: Tyros - Using pedal to trigger percussion
zalmi Offline

Sorry no one could help me, or maybe every one's too busy with the Tyros2, but I actually just worked it out, so here's the answer for anyhow who wants to use it (I find it very useful!)

When you select 'percussion' from the function menu in the controller page, instead of choosing the instrument from the percusssion menu (which will set to velocity 127), instead, just hit the keys on the keyboard to choose the percussion instrument. The velocity at which you hit the key, is the velocity which the Tyros then assigns to the pedal!

Easy!

Hope its useful to somebody.

Zalman

#126240 - 10/10/05 08:21 AM Re: Tyros - Using pedal to trigger percussion
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Zalman, sorry for missing your important question when you initially posted, which was perhaps due to my fixated excitement over the Tyros2 launch, just as you had suggested. . Glad to hear that you were able to figure out the solution on your own though, and very appreciative that you took the time to post & share your solution, as it's very useful to many, including myself. Arranger keyboard knowledge sharing & discovery is what this great forum is all about afterall. Thanks - Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online