SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12583 - 02/08/06 04:41 PM sync tracks
megabase Offline

Loc: Columbia, MD USA
well, I guess I figured out the drum issue. I found the drum patch. My issue NOW is this..... Why wont the the tracks play in sync?I've recorded the drum sections and went on to record an instrument. when i play them back, the instrument starts late and is off. Im using voyetra's software. Is the keyboard off? Any idea on how I can sync the tracks?

#12584 - 02/08/06 10:05 PM Re: sync tracks
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That won't be a problem with the keyboard but is some sort of problem on the computer side. I'm guessing it is something to to with the Voyetra software as that is responsible for playing back the recorded tracks in sync the same way as when you recorded it. In the meantime can you fix the problem in the sequence by simply dragging the newly recorded problem tracks back in time to where they really should start ? It maybe annoying to have to do this each time you record a track but that would at least solve the problem until you work out what is really wrong.

#12585 - 02/09/06 06:01 AM Re: sync tracks
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
The sync problem usually has to do with the type of 'sound font' you are using. 'Softsynths' (software instrument sound samples)...can tend to lag behind a bit. The work around is to use the computer's internal sound set (hardware chip). The sound quality may not be as good...but it wont matter...as you can switch back to your soft synth, after you finish....and it will use your best tones.
I have an 'old' Dell 550 P3...that keeps perfect time, using my SoundBlaster sound card. The sound processing on that system is done on the soundcard (hardware). If I use my Roland VSC3 'softsynth'...that uses the CPU to process the sounds...I have the 'lag time'

[This message has been edited by Jim Wintringham (edited 02-09-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online