SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#125617 - 07/12/06 08:02 AM Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Donny buy some silver paint m8 and paint over the pictures, or better still get some pink paint and you could have a customised T2.
I think your roadies will abondon you if you get a heavy G70, come to think of it why buy old technology anyway?

The lil pictures I can really do without......
BTW ......what new technology is on the T2?
The Sa sounds? nothing new there, velocity switching that goes back to mid 80's JX10 with Roland!.....hard Disc recording? new? ketron Midjay has it & Genesis? So what new technology are we talking about? T2 weighted keys? Roland has had that for over 20 yrs and its the same weighted design? So I guess what we should do is find out what is new with the T2 before we knock the old technology of the G70.....oh yeah BTW ....have you used the great G70 Vocal harmonizer yet.....even Yamaha people travel about it as being the best they ever heard!
What better Organ Draw bar system is there then the VK organ module system incorporated in the G70?....sometimes the newer is NOT always better M8 .

#125618 - 07/12/06 08:06 AM Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I think if that would keep someone from buying a keyboard then you have deeper problems than you know!
DonM

At least my keys dont lite up.....

BTW what are those DEEPER PROBLEMS you talk about......all my problems are solved by the grand wizard of technology Fran Carango keyboard MASTER 10th degree!!! BTW wouldnt it be great Don.....for Yamaha to allow users to put their OWN pictures under the keys? Or better yet a moving color "FRAPPR" on the bottom of the keys That would be ground breaking NEW technology!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-12-2006).]

#125619 - 07/12/06 08:11 AM Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Scott.......hard to imagine....???/ bahahahahahah.....hope your not mad that I'm cathing up to you in SZ posts!!

You pussies!!!!! ......be a man Scott!!!

The 450's are no problem to do NH gigs or small jobs for me at all....weight really dont bother me but the sound of the Bose 161 & T2 sub really did....I'm sorry to report that I cannot sacrifice MY KIND OF MUSIC performances with an in adequate 80 watt over priced PC speaker unit........
I tried it & moved it very quickly to a more appreciated home........
A Real man needs a Real Speaker to make Real Music!!!!

#125620 - 07/12/06 08:13 AM Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
all my problems are solved by the grand wizard of technology Fran Carango (aka: Mr. Roland G1000)

ahhhh . . . this explains "EVERYTHING"! - Scott

#125621 - 07/12/06 08:26 AM Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
You pussies!!!!! ......be a man Scott!!! A Real man needs a Real Speaker to make Real Music!!!!

yes, but a 'wise' man would choose an appropriately (sized) tool for the specific job at hand. - Scott

#125622 - 07/12/06 08:30 AM Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
people will carry 50+lb quality speakers & Amps but worry about the Kb weight?.........
at this tme I just want to play one.

That's what I said when I went to the Cadillac dealer. "I just want to drive one". Next thing I know, I was driving it home!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#125623 - 07/12/06 08:35 AM Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones?
Dnj Offline

Everthing I have is always FOR SALE

But all kidding aside.... for now, the Tyros 2 is doing the job, making wonderful music, & I honestly can say I'm happy playing & performing with it everyday...although I would like to see some changes in future OS updates....as far as the weight/speaker issues discussed I will NOT compromise Weight for Sound period..! All the small systems I have tried just dont cut it and never will for my needs.....it was fun trying...but sadly & honestly there's no comparison for a really good sound system in my eyes. If you wanna play thru PC speakers please enjoy....in a bedroom situation I can understand it's use or for practice purposes....but for me who only has to 'make a living playing".... NO WAY!

carry on

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-12-2006).]

#125624 - 07/12/06 09:37 AM Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
DNJ I was referring to the E80 being newer technology than the G70, nothing to do with the T2. Then again having heard the E80 it's still the same run of the mill stuff that Roland seem to like putting out every year or so. Their styles and sounds may change, but there's been nothing to grab you by the balls from Roland in the arranger department since they released the G1000 years ago.

#125625 - 07/12/06 10:06 AM Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Boy this topic is getting funny I do have to agree with Dnj. Does the T2 sound good--well yes she does, but there's nothing really groundbreaking about the keyboard (or even other models).

Since the release of the T2, where has so much hype been directed (not just by users but by Yamaha themselves?) The all new "Super Articulated" voices. Nothing ground breaking about that really. They're just using volocity switching (been around for a while) with a few added nuances.

As nice as some of those sounds are--sadly some of the nuances are "incorrect" when applied to "actual standard play methods" of the real instrument.

It's all fancy advertisement really. Just repacking old technology with minute changes. All the companies do it--it's not just Yamaha. It's how they make their profits.

It's not to generalize members here, but there are many who feel they absolutely "must" have that newer model-even if the changes are really minute--it's just all fancy ads baby, and people buy into it all the time.

Yamaha, Korg, Roland, and all the other's don't really "want" to give you the keyboard that fills ALL of your needs. (If you really believe they do--please give me call because I "honestly" have a great deal on some ocean front property here in West Virginia I'd like to sell to you). If they did that how would they make any money. They give you bits here and there (beef up the next model with more fancy ads) to get you to upgrade.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#125626 - 07/12/06 12:12 PM Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
DNJ grab you by the balls .

Oh My

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online