Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones?

Posted by: Dnj

Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/11/06 04:39 PM

I'm interested in watching them........

Thanx
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/11/06 04:41 PM

Posted by: Eric, B

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/11/06 08:15 PM

Here you go:
http://www.selskabsmusikeren.dk/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=52&Itemid=32

Eric

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/11/06 08:20 PM

Scroll down to listen to some nice demos:
http://www.musikzentrum-freiburg.de/oxid...-G-70-Keyboard/

Eric

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/11/06 08:46 PM

OK one more:
http://www.rolandmusik.de/seiten/produkte/Produkte_2005/G-70-Version-2/g70.htm#

Couple more demos: scroll down
http://www.musicinstruments.it/keyboards/roland_G70/

And in case you haven't heard these:
http://www.broussardsmusic.com/products/roland/keyboards/g70.htm

Hope you got enough now.

Eric

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/11/06 10:27 PM

Eric......excactly what I was looking for ....there is some great demos & info on these sites regarding the G70.

Thanx
Posted by: o3bor

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/11/06 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric, B:
Here you go:
http://www.selskabsmusikeren.dk/

Eric

This site has become the reference site for G-70 users worldwide, thanks to the efforts of its administrator and of some users.
Browsing on that site among articles, forum and download sections you can find all the info about G-70 that you're looking for.

[This message has been edited by o3bor (edited 07-11-2006).]
Posted by: Nick G

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 02:42 AM

Can someone please help me out im trying to find this particular G70 style...

its the dance beat that is commonly played in all the G70 demos. its used in the video demos and in the standard official style demos its called "demodance".

I have all the G70 styles converted to PSR3000 format but cant seem to find the exact style that im hearing in the demos.. what is it called? can someone please send it to me?
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 03:37 AM

Donny,

You'd better start working out with free-weights if that's the way your going to go!!!
Posted by: weissefar

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
Can someone please help me out im trying to find this particular G70 style...

its the dance beat that is commonly played in all the G70 demos. its used in the video demos and in the standard official style demos its called "demodance".

I have all the G70 styles converted to PSR3000 format but cant seem to find the exact style that im hearing in the demos.. what is it called? can someone please send it to me?

Hi Nick, do you have a link to that particular demo?

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Donny,

You'd better start working out with free-weights if that's the way your going to go!!!

people will carry 50+lb quality speakers & Amps but worry about the Kb weight?.........
at this tme I just want to play one.
Posted by: DonM

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
people will carry 50+lb quality speakers & Amps but worry about the Kb weight?.........

SOME people might carry heavy speakers and keyboards but not me. No need to with all the killer light-weight gear available.
DonM

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:

SOME people might carry heavy speakers and keyboards but not me. No need to with all the killer light-weight gear available.
DonM

http://www.rocknrollercart.com/

never leave home without one

BTW 76 keys

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-12-2006).]

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 06:38 AM

See if that cart will put your speakers and keyboard up on the stands, and take them down again.
DonM

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 07:04 AM

Quote:
See if that cart will put your speakers and keyboard up on the stands, and take them down again.
DonM

What?? I'm an artist....I let the roadies do that stuff .....meanwhile I'll just deal with 61 keys, plastic & lil' pictures, but a good sound

Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 07:26 AM

Nursing Home Entertainment/Exercise Hour rolled into one: Donny has the nursing home residents lift his Mackies (50 lb each x 2 = 100 lbs! ) up onto, and then off the stands.

Seriously though Donny, considering you say you do a lot of 'quick' doubles back to back with very little time in between, it's hard for me to imagine you not only continue to utilize your mackie 450's for these jobs as well, and on top of this, even considering adding a 50 lb keyboard (G70) to boot. Time is money afterall, especially with the small 1 hr jobs, so adding more weight & bulk means wasted time transporting & then setting up & breaking down equipment. I bring in the big guns (EV PA) for the larger jobs, but keep my kb rig super light (Tyros2 + Bose 161's) for the smaller quick (back to back) jobs, saving both my back and my sanity. Just my opinion.

Scott

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 07:48 AM

Scott.......hard to imagine....???/ bahahahahahah

You pussies!!!!! ......be a man Scott!!!

The 450's are no problem to do NH gigs or small jobs for me at all....weight really dont bother me but the sound of the Bose 161 & T2 sub really did....I'm sorry to report that I cannot sacrifice MY KIND OF MUSIC performances with an in adequate 80 watt over priced PC speaker unit........
I tried it & moved it very quickly to a more appreciated home........
A Real man needs a Real Speaker to make Real Music!!!!
Posted by: Craig_UK

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 07:51 AM

Donny buy some silver paint m8 and paint over the pictures, or better still get some pink paint and you could have a customised T2.
I think your roadies will abondon you if you get a heavy G70, come to think of it why buy old technology anyway?

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 07:57 AM

Exactly who does the little pictures bother?
I continually have customers remark about the "space-age" look of my T2, and about how great it looks. No one has ever mentioned pictures.
Actually, if I were programming drum patterns, the pictures would be extremely helpful. They certainly don't bother me, and I think if that would keep someone from buying a keyboard then you have deeper problems than you know!
DonM
Posted by: GlennT

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 08:01 AM

Quote:
What?? I'm an artist....I let the roadies do that stuff

My fantasy...

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Donny buy some silver paint m8 and paint over the pictures, or better still get some pink paint and you could have a customised T2.
I think your roadies will abondon you if you get a heavy G70, come to think of it why buy old technology anyway?

The lil pictures I can really do without......
BTW ......what new technology is on the T2?
The Sa sounds? nothing new there, velocity switching that goes back to mid 80's JX10 with Roland!.....hard Disc recording? new? ketron Midjay has it & Genesis? So what new technology are we talking about? T2 weighted keys? Roland has had that for over 20 yrs and its the same weighted design? So I guess what we should do is find out what is new with the T2 before we knock the old technology of the G70.....oh yeah BTW ....have you used the great G70 Vocal harmonizer yet.....even Yamaha people travel about it as being the best they ever heard!
What better Organ Draw bar system is there then the VK organ module system incorporated in the G70?....sometimes the newer is NOT always better M8 .

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 08:06 AM

Quote:
I think if that would keep someone from buying a keyboard then you have deeper problems than you know!
DonM

At least my keys dont lite up.....

BTW what are those DEEPER PROBLEMS you talk about......all my problems are solved by the grand wizard of technology Fran Carango keyboard MASTER 10th degree!!! BTW wouldnt it be great Don.....for Yamaha to allow users to put their OWN pictures under the keys? Or better yet a moving color "FRAPPR" on the bottom of the keys That would be ground breaking NEW technology!

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 08:11 AM

Quote:
Scott.......hard to imagine....???/ bahahahahahah.....hope your not mad that I'm cathing up to you in SZ posts!!

You pussies!!!!! ......be a man Scott!!!

The 450's are no problem to do NH gigs or small jobs for me at all....weight really dont bother me but the sound of the Bose 161 & T2 sub really did....I'm sorry to report that I cannot sacrifice MY KIND OF MUSIC performances with an in adequate 80 watt over priced PC speaker unit........
I tried it & moved it very quickly to a more appreciated home........
A Real man needs a Real Speaker to make Real Music!!!!

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 08:13 AM

Quote:
all my problems are solved by the grand wizard of technology Fran Carango (aka: Mr. Roland G1000)

ahhhh . . . this explains "EVERYTHING"! - Scott

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 08:26 AM

Quote:
You pussies!!!!! ......be a man Scott!!! A Real man needs a Real Speaker to make Real Music!!!!

yes, but a 'wise' man would choose an appropriately (sized) tool for the specific job at hand. - Scott

Posted by: kbrkr

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 08:30 AM

Quote:

That's what I said when I went to the Cadillac dealer. "I just want to drive one". Next thing I know, I was driving it home!

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 08:35 AM

Everthing I have is always FOR SALE

But all kidding aside.... for now, the Tyros 2 is doing the job, making wonderful music, & I honestly can say I'm happy playing & performing with it everyday...although I would like to see some changes in future OS updates....as far as the weight/speaker issues discussed I will NOT compromise Weight for Sound period..! All the small systems I have tried just dont cut it and never will for my needs.....it was fun trying...but sadly & honestly there's no comparison for a really good sound system in my eyes. If you wanna play thru PC speakers please enjoy....in a bedroom situation I can understand it's use or for practice purposes....but for me who only has to 'make a living playing".... NO WAY!

carry on

Posted by: Craig_UK

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 09:37 AM

DNJ I was referring to the E80 being newer technology than the G70, nothing to do with the T2. Then again having heard the E80 it's still the same run of the mill stuff that Roland seem to like putting out every year or so. Their styles and sounds may change, but there's been nothing to grab you by the balls from Roland in the arranger department since they released the G1000 years ago.
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 10:06 AM

Boy this topic is getting funny I do have to agree with Dnj. Does the T2 sound good--well yes she does, but there's nothing really groundbreaking about the keyboard (or even other models).

Since the release of the T2, where has so much hype been directed (not just by users but by Yamaha themselves?) The all new "Super Articulated" voices. Nothing ground breaking about that really. They're just using volocity switching (been around for a while) with a few added nuances.

As nice as some of those sounds are--sadly some of the nuances are "incorrect" when applied to "actual standard play methods" of the real instrument.

It's all fancy advertisement really. Just repacking old technology with minute changes. All the companies do it--it's not just Yamaha. It's how they make their profits.

It's not to generalize members here, but there are many who feel they absolutely "must" have that newer model-even if the changes are really minute--it's just all fancy ads baby, and people buy into it all the time.

Yamaha, Korg, Roland, and all the other's don't really "want" to give you the keyboard that fills ALL of your needs. (If you really believe they do--please give me call because I "honestly" have a great deal on some ocean front property here in West Virginia I'd like to sell to you). If they did that how would they make any money. They give you bits here and there (beef up the next model with more fancy ads) to get you to upgrade.

Squeak

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/12/06 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
DNJ grab you by the balls .

Oh My
Posted by: Nick G

Re: Anyone have G70 Video or Sound demos besides the factory ones? - 07/14/06 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by weissefar:
Hi Nick, do you have a link to that particular demo?

sure do...
http://www.rolandkeyboardclub.com/swfs/pop-up.html
select "best sound" from the list
then on the next page go to "sound quality" on the top.
then select "demo dance"

Thanks