SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#125445 - 02/07/01 08:23 AM PSR9000 warning.
Anhbus Offline

Dear psr9000 users,

Don't get me wrong, this is a great key for real time action.

Now that I had done more recording on this key board, and realized one other thing beside un-great software design. The CPU in this PSR is too slow for the job. Every time you move to a particular screen, accepting new data, or set a start measure in the middle of a song, you wait. I re-recorded a passage in a 110 measure song and was able to get a coffee and still had to wait some more before I could do the next thing on the keyboard. Extremely time consuming for every song I sequenced.

This is a great great performance keyboard. However, if you are much into auto-arrangement sequencing (which helps me to preduce nice songs easily), this board is no where near there yet. So be prepared.

Anh Bus

#125446 - 02/07/01 08:40 AM Re: PSR9000 warning.
Dnj Offline

anhbus,
how do you use these recorded songs? do you play them and play along? or?
Just wondering why if your so into sequencing songs you chose the 9000 if you knew it was as you say "slow to operate" ? I don't use this keyboad that way, I mainly use it for peformance and it works great for that purpose. The best sequencing keyboard I have seen that is Super user friendly are ENSONIC model synths. Just my 2 cents.

Donny NJ

#125447 - 02/07/01 09:04 PM Re: PSR9000 warning.
Anhbus Offline

Hi Don,
The song recording on this keyboard is special, unlike a standard sequencer like Cakewalk. I usually first recorded the backing parts playing complicated chords with many different style changes through out the song. This takes a lot longer in CakeWalk, not to mention I can hardly play that well. Now I can add melodic lines of strings, violin, even percussion (bongo, crash symbals) using the rest of the tracks. Doing this, the song suddenly jumps out and sounds very close to a real band playing. During performance, I use sequenced songs and play solo or add-on parts, like sax or piano mostly. With the Korg I3, I used sequenced songs about 50 % together with my real performance. Big difference. Successful.

The 9000 sounds much better and has more realistic styles. Only if it's recording capability is serious enough...

Regards

Anh Bus

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online