SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#124974 - 01/06/02 04:26 AM PSR2000 Registration Storing
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
After owning the PSR2000 for three days I still have not got to grips with the new style registration storing, I can only ever get 8 stored even though I creat new folders, this is a far cry from the PSR740.
What am I missing! the new system seems so confusing.....HELP!

#124975 - 01/06/02 05:25 AM Re: PSR2000 Registration Storing
Beakybird Offline

Create your settings. Press MEMORY>Select Parameters to be saved>Registration Button #1, continue doing this until you have 8 registration buttons set. The 8 buttons together are a registration bank. Now, in the main screen, press J>SAVE (Button #6 lower register) Now create a name and press OK. You're done. If you want to save to floppy, press J>SAVE>NEXT and then create a name.

Larry

#124976 - 01/06/02 06:47 AM Re: PSR2000 Registration Storing
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Pasodoble:
Don't feel bad, I've had my PSR2000 for three weeks now and still don't have the whole picture on Registrations. A lot of trial and error has helped me somewhat; the manual literaly "stinks" on this function. I even brought my K/board back to the dealer thinking that there was something wrong with it. Compared to the X1 this is a "backwards" step for Yamaha. The X1 is straightforward and simple giving you the option of both global and single registrations with only a couple of steps to memorize a registration. Anyway, stick with it and it will eventually come to you but no thanks to the manual.

#124977 - 01/06/02 08:22 AM Re: PSR2000 Registration Storing
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Many thanks for your help Beakybird & Mario, think I've got it worked out now (great straight forward instructions Beakybird) was begining to panic a bit as I am gigging with it on Saturday 12th Jan and no I ain't telling no one where I'm playing! so they cant come and watch me make a complete fool of myself will post a report on how it went. look out for it next Sunday.
Found a couple of odd things on the keyboard already....pressing the arranger Start/Stop button while a Midifile is playing turns off the drum tracks and also if you press a registation button while a Midifile is playing changes the Midifiles tempo to whatever speed you have programmed in that registration, expect I'll find more as time goes on.
Bye for now.

[This message has been edited by pasadoble (edited 01-06-2002).]

#124978 - 01/06/02 08:35 AM Re: PSR2000 Registration Storing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pasa...
I have had my PSR2000 for over a month now and still not ready to take it on a gig. Until I get the registrations I want and feel comfortable with them, I will continue to use my 740.

After saving a bunch of regs, I found I had a memory lapse on the use of the freeze button. So, when I went to change voices, I would accidentally change the style...OOOPS!

I have found that by turning the kb off after naming and saving a reg to disc, then turning on again and starting to build the next reg from scratch, the memory buttons do not share styles. More work in prep, but less chance of error on the gig.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online