Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 9 10 11
Topic Options
#124960 - 12/07/05 02:25 PM Re: NI Bandstand & flr2006
Skyline_UK Offline

Loc: Leamington Spa, Warks, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Esh:
Thanks Frank. I was beginning to get concerned because NI still doesn't have any MP3 demos online of Bandstand. I'd like to hear it play something, anything.

I posted a link on the Band In The Box forum yesterday to a midi file I recorded from Bandstand and then took into Sonar.
http://www.moviepostercollector.tsohost.co.uk/skyline/LA_PBAL.mp3

#124961 - 12/07/05 07:33 PM Re: NI Bandstand & flr2006
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Theodore, you're probably correct in your assessment. In checking the specs it looks like it is as fast as a hard drive but you save the seek time. So it may help a little. I will give it a try as soon as I feel a little better. Again I apologize for being so slow but I just can't go any faster. I will let you know.

--------------------------------------------

I just tested the USB Flash HD and it is slower than my regular 7200 rpm 8 mb Cache HDs. So at some future date I will try the heavy duty stuff....once it arrives at our local computer store. In the mean time things are working fairly well on my system...and for most things even the loading of Bandstand is fast enough. If you preload the instruments you know you are going to use, e.g., Drums, pianos and so on then I suspect all loading time issues are resolved.

[This message has been edited by Frank L. Rosenthal (edited 12-07-2005).]

#124962 - 12/07/05 11:45 PM Re: NI Bandstand & flr2006
Vquestor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
Rikki, yes you can use another VST to handle just the drums. However, you would need to know on which channels the drums are located. They can be all over the place Channel 2, 8, 9 or 10....may be even others. I suppose you could merge all the channels into 10 but that reduces your flexibility of using the Jazz & Brush kit at the same time in any given style.

I think that using the Yamaha standard(on many PSR keyboards) of having drums on ch.9 and ch.10 should be sufficient.
It will be much less common to have a style
requiring 3 kits at once(I haven't found one
yet anyway).

#124963 - 12/08/05 01:10 AM Re: NI Bandstand & flr2006
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Frank, the other device I described earlier in the discussion is using RAM like the one you have in the PC, to emulate an HDD. Flash drives are designed for versatility, not for speed. In the test I posted, the reviewer mentions some other companies that sell similar things, but states they are aimed for the professional market, and usually that means A LOT of money.
If I find something that can do the job, I'll notify you.
Theodore

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 12-08-2005).]

#124964 - 12/08/05 05:26 AM Re: NI Bandstand & flr2006
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Vquestor, while you are right that many styles have drums on 9 and 10 there are many which have drums on other channels as well. Take a look at the Big Band styles from the 9000 Pro.

All these things are fixable .... it is just a matter of time, effort or money.

Theodore, I greatly appreciate your help...Thank you.

[This message has been edited by Frank L. Rosenthal (edited 12-08-2005).]

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 9 10 11

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online