SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12482 - 10/13/98 09:33 PM wah-wah effect on QS series
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd like to modify some QS8 programs to include a wah-wah effect. Ideally, it would be controllable via a footpedal, in imitation of the classic outboard devices. Any qs-forum posters out there have a method for doing so on the QS8? Has anyone tried this on another QS series instrument?

[Before going out a plunking down ~$100 US on a pedal, and having another piece of gear to carry, and a battery to go dead, I thought it best to ask the forum members for their input. Thanks all!]

#12483 - 10/14/98 05:16 AM Re: wah-wah effect on QS series
Anonymous
Unregistered

Try to assign the footpedal to the filterfreq and the resonance on the lowpassfilter.
(Thats what I did on my D-50). If you have a bandpassfilter that might be better, just crank the paramters to their limit and you will find something usefull

#12484 - 10/14/98 10:38 AM Re: wah-wah effect on QS series
Mason Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Unfortunately, the QS series is unlike many other popular synths in that there is only ONE type of filter... and it sucks!

No lowpass, no bandpass, no cutoff, no resonance... it's a real bummer...

The only way I've seen it done is by sampling four differently filtered sounds and crossfading between them. I don't know about anyone else, but you won't find me doing that...

This is how I solved the problem - I bought a Yamaha as well...

Yeah, I think buying a separate wah-wah pedal would probly be the best way to wah your QS.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online