SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#124504 - 04/06/02 01:03 PM Roland VA-7 and Korg Karma version 2 together, what a blast!
Maximo Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Go to this page to see a video that introduce the new softwer upgrade for Korg Karma, unbelievable! http://trio.harmony-central.com/ramgen/WNAMM02/Korg/Karma.rm

My point here is, can you guys immagine what Roland VA-7 and Korg Karma could be able to do together? Does anyone already owns both the keyboard? How do they interact? There are some Midi incompatibility? I'd like to know more about how do they sounds together. If you own a G-1000 and a Karma I will appreciate your help too. And if you own a Roland Fantom and a Karma you are welcome too, I can go on forever. If you own keyboards from both these brand, please let me know all about it. Thanks to you all in advance.

Maximo

#124505 - 04/06/02 01:19 PM Re: Roland VA-7 and Korg Karma version 2 together, what a blast!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I don't own any of those combinations, but I do use the Korg Pa80 and the Yamaha Motif together. As far as midi compatability, there are some discrepancies in the default setups, but nothing so far that I've encountered that can't be worked out (so far anyway ), and it IS a blast using them together as well as in tandem with software sequencers including Cakewalk and XG works, which can play Yamaha styles files from within and be used to write songs ( midifiles ) by step entering chords and paterns ( or variations if you will ) from the styles.

The Motif is different from the Karma in that it doesn't use an "algorithim" method of making patterns. It uses recorded data, but I have software that does the "algorithim" thing pretty well, so for the home / studio setup it's a nice combo of stuff. I wonder if Steven Kay or Korg ever got around to putting a software version of "karma" out there for the PC. I know there had been talk of it before, but I never followed up on it. The karma had once piqued my interest, but I think for what I do, a dedicated board such as the Karma would have been overkill and funds spent that could have been better spent elsewhere for me. Now if the software was available at a reasonable price, I'd consider it.

Korg AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 04-06-2002).]

#124506 - 04/06/02 02:36 PM Re: Roland VA-7 and Korg Karma version 2 together, what a blast!
Clif Anderson Offline

If it is not already out, there will be soon a software Karma called "Karma MW". But it will work only while a computer is connected to the Karma keyboard. The "real" Karma software will be "Karma Creator" and is projected for Fall, 2002, and should cost about $295. It will work with or without the Karma Keyboard.

#124507 - 04/06/02 02:47 PM Re: Roland VA-7 and Korg Karma version 2 together, what a blast!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I would definitely be interested in the karma creator. Thanks Clif, I'll be watching for it.

AJ

#124508 - 04/06/02 07:17 PM Re: Roland VA-7 and Korg Karma version 2 together, what a blast!
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
I sometimes hookup my E500 to my karma and sometimes the Rs-5 too.as far as sound.what a blast!.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online