SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#124441 - 11/02/05 07:30 AM Roland G-70 OS2.01 just released
weissefar Offline

Being the first place on the Internet to offer download of the OS2.01 update for the Roland G-70, please visit the Roland G-70 User Club Denmark website.

The OS2.01 is a bugfix, which fixes the "All LED's turn off" bug.

[This message has been edited by weissefar (edited 11-02-2005).]

#124442 - 11/02/05 08:36 AM Re: Roland G-70 OS2.01 just released
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Seems to me that g70 owners spend more time upgrading their g70's than playing it.... Which is not a bad thing considering ... lol

#124443 - 11/02/05 09:11 AM Re: Roland G-70 OS2.01 just released
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by rolandfan:
Seems to me that g70 owners spend more time upgrading their g70's than playing it.... Which is not a bad thing considering ... lol

Yes, and your keyboard is a long time rubbish
at the time G-70 User get the last update.

#124444 - 11/02/05 09:47 AM Re: Roland G-70 OS2.01 just released
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
ahhh, the time-proven "mine is bigger than yours" thing again.

#124445 - 11/02/05 11:14 AM Re: Roland G-70 OS2.01 just released
weissefar Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rolandfan:
Seems to me that g70 owners spend more time upgrading their g70's than playing it....

Come on! How can a person not be able to announce some happy news without receiving a comment like this?! I am really getting tired of this! :-( Where is ordinary good behaviour and common netiquette in this forum?

No wonder there are still wars in this world... some people just need to provoke other people!?!... Why is that really necessary? Let's rewind the tape and see what makes me sad:

Step 1:
I announced, that a long awaited bugfix is now released. This is great news to EVERYONE playing a G-70. Nothing more to it than that. Nobody can feel provoked by an announcement like this!

Step 2:
A user chooses to comment on the happy news by saying: "Seems to me that g70 owners spend more time upgrading their g70's than playing it". No *LOL* statement can camouflage, that this is really bad behaviour!!! It is 100% unnecessary to say this. This person WANTS a fight! He is simply asking for it. Are you with me here?

Step 3:
A G-70 user perceives this as a provocation and reacts by being just as childish as the step 2 user. There has to be two persons to get a fight going. However, I understand, that some people don't want to get spanked for no reason...

1, 2, 3 - and now you have a fight! :-( And after that all replies will probably be completely off the topic.

Personally I am administrator of a similar forum. Not at all this size - however in the same niche. In the similar forum people behave well though. The tone is positive and constructive, and nobody tends to have this urge to belittle other users. Enlighten me here! I am curious... why are there these differencies between the two fora? And tell me: should there be / are there sanctions towards users, who doesn't behave according to the rules (if there are any) and doesn't follow common netiquette? IRW society setup rules about, how to react towards citizens, who doesn't follow the rules of society. How does that line of thinking apply to an Internet forum community like this?

I think we should give eachother room to breathe, and give eachother room to start threads telling happy stories about our toy - regardless whether the name is Tyros, G-70 or something else. This should be possible, without fearing being subject to criticism, when your only crime is, that you spread a happy message. Please - if you don't have anything nice to say, then maybe you shouldn't anything at all!

Hope you friendly people understand my point?! :-) English is not my mother tongue, so excuse me for misspelling bad wording :-)

#124446 - 11/02/05 11:22 AM Re: Roland G-70 OS2.01 just released
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I have to agree. It has gotten a little HOT on the Zone lately. Tempers seem to be popping up (even from members you wouldn't expect it from).

I have to agree with Trident. This "mine is bigger than yours" attitude is really showing its ugly face more frequently. That's why I posted not too long ago that I feel there's some serious "bias" on this forum. I feel it's often towards Yamaha arrangers. You say something negative about Yamaha and it gets ugly. Why?

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#124447 - 11/02/05 12:54 PM Re: Roland G-70 OS2.01 just released
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by weissefar:

No wonder there are still wars in this world...

Hallo,
yes, our armada is on the way to South Africa. Unfortunately a small group. (G-70 childs). Some grandfathers around? Hope to get home with good health.
Greetings, now we pass the Street of Gibraltar.
Hanspeter

#124448 - 11/02/05 01:02 PM Re: Roland G-70 OS2.01 just released
Clif Anderson Offline

I sure hope these new OS help. Scott Yee told me Colton Piano carried the G-70. Sure enough, I found one there, but it was OS 1.1. Suggest Retail Price was US$5999, marked down to a mere US$5600. If that sounds high, well, there was a V-stand and a pair of powered speakers that came with it. The sticker said it would be another $100 for delivery and $80 for tuning (well, this is a piano store). I demoed the keyboard for awhile, didn't get to try the vocal harmonist. I like many things about this keyboard, but I am less enthusiatic about the styles, probably because time has increased my expectations. The styles do very little for me. The salesman will let me know when they get OS2 installed, and I will try again, but I am discouraged.

#124449 - 11/02/05 01:13 PM Re: Roland G-70 OS2.01 just released
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Ok my error..i should have mentioned in that post that i want roland themselves to see that message..im sure they do monitor these forums. why should u guys who spent so much money buying the g70 have to upgrade so many times. What about those people who own a g70 but dont have internet. Theyll never know the countless upgrades that roland released. Roland should wake up next time and not put its customers through all this hardship. Im not trying to offend anybody but roland themselves. Roland is capable of keyboards that require few upgrades like the va5 or e500 for example.

#124450 - 11/02/05 01:19 PM Re: Roland G-70 OS2.01 just released
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
There have been months now without a real KB battle, I don't see any reason to get hurt by rolandfan's comment. It is true, the G-70 has great features, but when it came out it was an unfinished product, and still seems to be. Good or bad.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online