SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#124262 - 10/17/03 08:58 PM Oompa pa pa
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I could kick myself. I didn't take my camera tonight. 220 Srs at an Oktoberfest. In addition to me, they hired a troupe of 16 German dancers in full custome that did three 15 minute sets of authentic German dancing. Their last set was a standout, with battery powered lit wreathes and choreographed dancing that was something to se. It brought the house down.

The format was 15 minutes of them and 45 minutes of me...and it worked great. Some in the audience were afraid it was going to be all "Oompa pa pa" night.... but the mix kept them on the floor..and, really, the German dancers were terrific. Sometimes it is not all about us. And, I like it like that.
Eddie.

#124263 - 10/17/03 09:34 PM Re: Oompa pa pa
Dnj Offline

Eddie....I've played with Belly Dancers, Irish Clog Dancers, X-rated Violinists, Midget Elvis's to Chinese Acrobats on Trampolines and everything in between thru the years...its always fun when theres another act involved in the gig. I love it!!

#124264 - 10/17/03 09:36 PM Re: Oompa pa pa
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
15 minutes of them and 45 minutes of me...

Translation: 45 minutes work, 15 minutes of brats and beer... sounds like a fun gig, Ed! Did you give em a good dose of Yammy polkas?

#124265 - 10/17/03 09:39 PM Re: Oompa pa pa
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
What's an X-rated Violinist... or don't I wanna know?!?

#124266 - 10/17/03 10:48 PM Re: Oompa pa pa
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Yeah, Donny I want to hear about this X-rated violinist. I was thinking of becoming a duo. hehehehe.

#124267 - 10/18/03 05:57 AM Re: Oompa pa pa
btweengigs Offline

DNJ...
Do X rated violinists have G strings?
Eddie

#124268 - 10/18/03 06:20 AM Re: Oompa pa pa
Dnj Offline

OK OK.......years ago Sid Ceaser did a skit called the X rated Violinist......

What happenes is a few TUXEDO Clad Strolling Violinists come out on the dance floor while people are having dinner...they start to strolling and playing their Violins to beautifull Volin Music.
The Violin is ATTACHED[stiched] to their shoulder and the left hand/arm [WHICH IS FAKE just stuffed with a white glove] holds the neck, while the right hand holds the bow and plays to the music.....

Now as they stroll the tables after a few minutes little by little each one of them take the other arm which is inside their jackets and stick their FINGER THRU THEIR ZIPPER and WIGGLE IT while they keep playing all with a "straight face"....when the captive audience finaly looks down as they stroll around the place starts laughing uncontrolably..[especially the surprised women} when they realize whats going on this gos on for 5 minutes or more....its a real funny thing to watch ....
Hence... "The X-Rated Violinist!!!"

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-18-2003).]

#124269 - 10/18/03 06:32 AM Re: Oompa pa pa
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
That's how a one-armed man counts his change too !

#124270 - 10/18/03 07:42 AM Re: Oompa pa pa
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Way to go Eddie. I like those kinds of jobs. Class reunions are also good. Usually someone will talk way longer than they were supposed to and a 3 hour job will end up at an hour and a half of playing. You still get the same money and all the time someone is talking you can drink beer.

In 30 years of playing I've never played for a stripper. It is good there are still somethings to look forward to. Any stripper stories out there?

Tom

Tom

Tom

#124271 - 10/18/03 08:04 AM Re: Oompa pa pa
btweengigs Offline

Tom...
Now that you asked...
I have one...but probably not what you would expect.

Couple of weeks ago I was doing a very casual lounge gig with a room full of regulars who knew each other very well and had a great sense of humor. Just for the heck of it, I brought an extra pair of pants and some VERY large white briefs, which I stuck under my KB. I have a sign that hangs down the front of the KB, so no one sees the stand, wires...or whatever else I store there.

Anyway... I started playing "I'm in the mood for Love". After a couple of bars, I stopped and said I had to make a costume change. I took off my shirt and handed it to a nearby table. Then, I pretended to take of my pants and pulled the extra pair from under the KB and handed them to the table. Then, the shorts. Eyes were popping...and I started singing..."I'm in the NUDE for Love".

Before anyone could call the cops, I walked out from behind the KB so they could see I still had pants on.

Corny? Yes...but still a lot of laughs.
Eddie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online