SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#124156 - 04/21/05 11:01 PM G70 Upgrade further comment
Robert Webster Offline

Loc: Liverpool, England
I'ts about a week since I installed version 1.10 on my G70 and,try as I may, I cannot notice any significant difference between this and the last version on my G70. This was v1.06.

It is interesting to note that the European version of this upgrade is 4.5Mb in size. The
same version is 10.1Mb up on the Roland US website. Obviously a difference in size, but does anybody know why the difference?

Rob

#124157 - 04/21/05 11:22 PM Re: G70 Upgrade further comment
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Hi

The difference in zize of the downloads are probably that
the Factory_Data03 disk may be is included in the US download,
while it's a separate download at the EU site?
Both files together is about 10mb.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#124158 - 04/22/05 05:23 AM Re: G70 Upgrade further comment
Robert Webster Offline

Hi Gunnar,

Many thanks for the reply.

The US version does include the 03 factory data as you suggest and I would imagine this
is the reason for the size increase. I would further guess that everything else would be the same as the Euro' upgrade?

Best Regards,

Rob

#124159 - 04/22/05 06:42 AM Re: G70 Upgrade further comment
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Webster:
I would further guess that everything else would be the same as the Euro' upgrade?
[/B]

There is no difference between US and EU upgrade.
If you didn't load the new Factory Data (especially the style data) it is diffcult to appreciate the difference with previous version, but don't forget to save your personal data before loading the new Factory Data, otherwise you'll lose them.

#124160 - 04/22/05 08:29 AM Re: G70 Upgrade further comment
Robert Webster Offline

Hi,

Thanks for the information regarding the Euro and US version upgrade. You mention that it is difficult to appreciate the differences compared to the previous version. Do you know what the differences are? Nobody seems to know. Thanks for any information received.

Rob

#124161 - 04/22/05 08:38 AM Re: G70 Upgrade further comment
o3bor Offline

Improvements of V. 1.10 has already been discussed in this BBS.
For instance, check http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/010554.html

#124162 - 04/22/05 08:44 AM Re: G70 Upgrade further comment
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Webster:
You mention that it is difficult to appreciate the differences compared to the previous version.

I mean that it is difficult to appreciate the improvements if you only upgrade the software version and not the Factory Data.
I strongly suggest you to load the new data (especially the styles) so that you can appreciate the changes made.

#124163 - 04/22/05 09:35 AM Re: G70 Upgrade further comment
Robert Webster Offline

Hi o3bor,

Thanks for that. I will load Factory Data also.

Rob

#124164 - 04/22/05 10:50 AM Re: G70 Upgrade further comment
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Rob,
Even though I have previously posted some information I'll say it here again:
First, the Roland Italian team of engineers listened to our comments here at the synthzone and revised the preset styles to not have as much effects levels in the mix. Also, many new features have been added including when in the "parts" display, the addition of a "harmonics bar" volume slider is now available so you can mix the level of the drawbar organ withthin this mix environment. You could not do this before. Also, Roland has added the ability to load program data from previous VA7/76 or G1000 products which you could not do before. This is called "import user program" and it is found at the bottom of the display when you push the "disk" button.
These are obvious improvements that have been addded but I'm sure there are many others as well.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#124165 - 04/22/05 11:06 AM Re: G70 Upgrade further comment
BlkNotes Offline

Does anyone know if the velocity sensitivity of the G-70 can be shut off & can this be done globaly. For instance if one wanted to play the G-70 like an organ. I know there is a setting on the keyborad that allows one to adjust the V. sensitivity of a particular sound as Low( minimal v. sens), Med, High( maximum v. sens). But I did not see an V. Sensitivity off button. Also does one have to do this with each sound or can it be done globaly.

George/or anyone else----have you had a chance to audition the Vocal harminizer on the G-70? How does it compare to the TC-helicon processor in the Pa1x in terms of quality/authenticity & naturalness of the harmony sound.

Thanks
Regards;
BN

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online