SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#124028 - 07/04/05 07:56 PM I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
VegaVagga Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Folks, I might be the first of the herd, but this thing is TOO much work out of the box for the $$$ I paid. Off it goes...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7334742638

Yamaha, here I come!

#124029 - 07/04/05 10:55 PM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Sorry it didnt work for ya but a tip... Take pictures of the real thing. People will think its a fraud, especially for that much money.

Phil

#124030 - 07/04/05 11:39 PM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
Roel Offline

VegaVagga,

I know how you feel!
Only a few months to go and you will be able to try the Tyros-2

#124031 - 07/05/05 01:25 AM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
andrewpowell Offline

Loc: UK
I see you're not too desperate to get rid of your G-70 after all. The $2,895.95 starting price is more than a new G-70 can be had from internet shops and the $4,250.00 'buy it now' price is way higher than even the most expensive music dealers are asking.

#124032 - 07/05/05 01:34 AM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
It's a pity, I just planed to explain the 3 G-70 methods how to change an Instrument within a style.
Hanspeter

#124033 - 07/05/05 05:32 AM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Andrewpowell,
Take another look at his auction. It's not just the G-70 he's selling. There are seveal other items that he is also selling along with the G-70.

I can understand his reasons for selling too. A board that sells for that much shouldn't require all that tweeking out of the box to get it sounding good. Sure there are going to be sounds that users like, dislike, and so forth, but from what I've read on the forum about the G-70, it requires some major tweeking in the sound category.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#124034 - 07/05/05 05:44 AM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
VegaVagga Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ironhill:
It's a pity, I just planed to explain the 3 G-70 methods how to change an Instrument within a style.
Hanspeter

Please do! I'm sure others will love to learn. (I'm curious too!).

#124035 - 07/05/05 05:57 AM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
VegaVagga Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Andrewpowell,
Take another look at his auction. It's not just the G-70 he's selling. There are seveal other items that he is also selling along with the G-70.

I can understand his reasons for selling too. A board that sells for that much shouldn't require all that tweeking out of the box to get it sounding good. Sure there are going to be sounds that users like, dislike, and so forth, but from what I've read on the forum about the G-70, it requires some major tweeking in the sound category.

Squeak

Thanks for the defense, Squeak_D. Actually I was planning to call around the get current prices today. Not sure I'd be able since dealers are not allowed to "say" on the phone.

The main reason I am selling the G-70 is because for such a huge and heavy machine I should get GREAT sounds out of it. Yet, it seems like a backward move into the 90's (or earlier).

Other's here are probably right, that IF you spend time, andIF you know how, and IF you tweak, and IF you EQ, you MAY be able to coaxe something decent from it. That doesn't work for me....

#124036 - 07/05/05 08:45 AM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
VegaVagga Offline

By the way, can someone tell me the going price for an in stock G-70 in the USA?

#124037 - 07/05/05 09:21 AM Re: I Had Enough...I put my G-70 on eBay!
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by VegaVagga:
Please do! I'm sure others will love to learn. (I'm curious too!).

Hi Yega,
gladly I follow your request 'Explain three methods changing an instrument within the
accompaniment of Roland G-70'.
Method one:
Press button "MAKE UP TOOLS' one or two times till display shows the headline
' STYLE MAKE UP TOOLS'. The dark blue field shows the ACC track you are possible
to change. If more than one instrument is used in specific track, e.g. Violin for Intro and Clarinet for Ending, the track is shown one after the other. To select the next track
use the arrow at rigth down corner. It's not only possible to change an instrument. You can do much more. Please spare me to describe details. See Page 124 manual.
If, in your case, only bass and drums are possible to change, it seems to be an error
at your individual instrument. Don't forget save your work!
Method two:
This function within the "Style Composer" is described on manual page 187, see headline 'Sound/Drum Set Selection'. Any individual Acc track changing instrument you are capable of doing. Here too, don't forget save your work!
Method three:
The 'MICRO EDIT' allows you to change every event you need. This function is able to
include SRX instruments in your accompaniment. However, usage of it needs a minimum of arranger knowlegde. Manual page 197.
If you like to do all the things we speak about, with Yamaha, I wish you a lot of fun.
If you didn't read: I own a Tyros too. Of cource, sounds and styles of this instrument are okay.
Greetings,
Hanspeter

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online