SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#123901 - 02/07/02 06:41 AM Re: PSR2000 ROM Chip Upgrade PROBLEMS ! ! ! ! !
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yamaha may be onto something. I think I will have my checks imprinted with: "Amount shown on this check subject to change without notice."

Eddie

#123902 - 02/07/02 06:46 AM Re: PSR2000 ROM Chip Upgrade PROBLEMS ! ! ! ! !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
It's "The Man" ! He's tryin' to keep us down !!!!!!

#123903 - 02/13/02 02:03 PM Re: PSR2000 ROM Chip Upgrade PROBLEMS ! ! ! ! !
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Oh how short our Memory!!!

I think Cliff states it pretty well in his post! What's this thing I keep hearing about Yamaha will replace the chips for those that need it! Thats bull! I had to put out my money,($1100.85)that took me almost 3 years to save. I am disabled an on fixed income. I feel that I deserve my board OS
upgraded for free just the same as a Pro. musician. Afterall I didn't intentionally buy a KB with bugs, as I'm sure Yamaha did't intend to sell me one with bugs! I will probably be landed on for this posting!

I think was great! What Yamaha did for Rynn!
It's brings much praise from this forum for what they did!
What touches my heart in this matter is how Uncle Dave lead the way and so many joined in to help in this matter! All of you on this
forum I've come to know an care about thru your postings.

I maybe 100% wrong! I'm very sorry if I offend anyone!
But this one act of giving this young man
one 740 KB at factory price has changed the whole additude of this forum!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 02-13-2002).]

#123904 - 02/13/02 05:20 PM Re: PSR2000 ROM Chip Upgrade PROBLEMS ! ! ! ! !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Nobby,
I have two (well, one now) Yamaha keyboards, a Yamaha clarinet and a Yamah flute. I think this comany has the best product on the market for the money. I'm sure the bugs will be fixed - remember, this is a new piece, and needed to be field tested. (by US, of course)It's no different in any other phase of computer technology - the end user dictates how the products need to be upgraded, and the company follows up with the corrections after enough reports show up.
Don't you fret - they will correct the 2000bug. Maybe this is the DREADED y2k bug that never happened two years ago !!!!!!
Y amaha
k (2ooo??) it's possible, huh??????

#123905 - 02/14/02 09:35 AM Re: PSR2000 ROM Chip Upgrade PROBLEMS ! ! ! ! !
Nobby Offline

Hi Uncle Dave,
I really, truly hope your right!
But I still have a bad feeling about this!
Nobby

------------------

#123906 - 02/14/02 02:05 PM Re: PSR2000 ROM Chip Upgrade PROBLEMS ! ! ! ! !
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Well, mine is in the repair shop now with the floppy disk problem ( mechanical..seems maybe the spring gave way ). I also included my problems with the OS so that it would be documented prior to the 90 day mark, but I don't really anticipate that the upgraded OS will be installed at this time.

AJ

#123907 - 02/15/02 02:48 AM Re: PSR2000 ROM Chip Upgrade PROBLEMS ! ! ! ! !
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Nobby,

While I believe Yamaha has plastered there 'Specifications subject to change' everywhere they could to protect themselves from things of this nature. I do think that there must be some liability on there part since they made NO AMENDUM(sp) to the manual stating that there was no flash rom in the keyboard. Normally a small paper will appear in a product manual or in the box that states it does not conform to the original specs stating what had changed and even the page the change is on. I believe, Yamaha would be liable for some kind of damages to those of us who purchased the keyboards because we knew we had flashrom in the boards.

Proof of our desire to purchase because of that option is very easy to obtain. This whole forum talked about that extensively through its introduction and as each person purchased the PSR2000. Me thinks that Yamaha has gotta fix them all for free or for sure one of the folks who is angry is gonna call them legaly on it. Thats all it will take for them to fix them all. One person willing to go to bat and then everyone will do it.

While I think its noble and generous that Yamaha gave Ryan a keyboard, it doesn't change anything they have done wrong with their products at all. Two separate issues.

-Linda

[This message has been edited by LindaFus (edited 02-15-2002).]

#123908 - 02/18/02 05:14 PM Re: PSR2000 ROM Chip Upgrade PROBLEMS ! ! ! ! !
Nobby Offline

Hi Linda,
The music store where I purchased my 2000 didn't know if he wanted to stock them this year or not. He only purchased one PSR-1000 & one PSR-2000! So I have the only 2000 he got in. Then I told him they were selling like hotcakes! Everybody is buying them! So then he tries to order more, about 4wks later I ask if he had got any in, he said he hadn't!
The other day I went to him,I ask him about
the OS upgrade chips! He knew nothing about it. I bet 90% of their dealers know nothing about it. He said he thought he would stop his order until they had them upgraded so he wouldn't have to send them back in!
He told me he could replace the chips, but there is no way he can replace those chips! They are surface mounted chips and very hard to replace! They are done by machine in the factory. When removing you have to make sure you remove all the access solder. Then you will need a very tiny DC solder iron. Even if your very good at soldering ,this won't be easy. There is so much danger of your solder bridgeing.
Also you stand a chance of over heating the chip or getting a magnetic charge on the chip. One of the reasons for useing a DC soldering iron.
I don't know where I'll have to send mine to have the OS Chips replaced!
Hope we find out soon,
Nobby

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 02-18-2002).]

#123909 - 02/19/02 02:41 AM Re: PSR2000 ROM Chip Upgrade PROBLEMS ! ! ! ! !
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Hi Nobby,

My local music store doesn't even carry Yamaha he only has korg and Casio. I purchased from Dan0 on this forum and had to return my board because of severe scratches and they sent me another which is fine. It also happens to have the ver 1.20 chip in it. Now that tells me if you buy one now, you may only get the updated version. Too bad they do not recall the first ones they sold and fix them.

My daughter is looking now to buy the PSR2000 and she probably will do that with Dan0 unless she chooses elswhere. She keeps coming back to play mine. Now she is hooked! No one has them around here to go out and buy you have to mail order it from someplace. Fixing it is going to be just as much a hassle.

-Linda

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online