SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#123642 - 05/07/02 04:00 PM Need tech advice for PSR2000
Beakybird Offline

I would think that my keyboard was broken, but I'm having the same problem on both my PSRs so I think this must be a bug that I perhaps never noticed.

When I go to DIRECT ACCESS>DSP then select the MIC and the type of setting, I can't get anything to change from the original setting which is T Dly.

How do you change the effect parameters of the mic DSP?

I'd really appreciate someone's expertise here.

Larry

#123643 - 05/07/02 04:23 PM Re: Need tech advice for PSR2000
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Try DIRECT ACCESS>EFFECTS (near the mic settings) I think that's where I made those type of changes.

#123644 - 05/07/02 06:44 PM Re: Need tech advice for PSR2000
Beakybird Offline

Direct Access>Effects brings one to the same screen as Direct Access>DSP. When I press this screen I see T Dly (Temp Delay) for the Mic effect. When I select this and then press Type, I should be able to select a different effect, but in fact no matter what I do, including selecting different DSPs, I can't get a different effect to appear for the mic effect. Could somone check to see if they get different results?

Larry

#123645 - 05/07/02 07:22 PM Re: Need tech advice for PSR2000
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hmmmm, sorry - can't remember anymore. I'm so relieved that mine is in the hands of someone that does NOT depend on it for a living. It was a noble gesture, but a losing battle right from the start.

I have to go on record here for those who are thinking about the psr2000 for road use.
DON'T !
It's not built for it. Save yourself the aggravation and cost. It it just a matter of time before it self destructs under the rigors of daily playing.

Keep it in the homes where it belongs. I can never trust it again, and I'm glad I learned my lesson at minimal expense.

Mark - if you're listening ......
We REALLY need ya now, buddy ! Get those Yammy guys busy on the "Uncle Everyday" model ! We neeeeeeeeeeeeed one now !

#123646 - 05/07/02 11:31 PM Re: Need tech advice for PSR2000
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Larry,
After you reach that page, there is a box in the upper right corner somewhere that says something like "parameters" or "settings" (sorry I don't have the 2K at home). You have to push the button near that box and it takes you to a page where you can edit all the effects.
DonM

#123647 - 05/08/02 12:10 PM Re: Need tech advice for PSR2000
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi Larry,
Just push the button: VH Type Select!
This will select the type of harmony you want.
While this screen is open, go to the buttons just below the screen 1-8 push the upper button #8 for edit. and the screen you are looking for will be there!
Nobby

------------------

#123648 - 05/08/02 07:48 PM Re: Need tech advice for PSR2000
Beakybird Offline

Don M and Nobby, we're talking about the type of effect used on the mic, not the parameter of that effect nor what type of harmony.

The mic has adjustable chorus, reverb, and one DSP. I can't seem to switch it from Tempo Delay (T Dly).

Larry

#123649 - 05/08/02 08:07 PM Re: Need tech advice for PSR2000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Larry...
I am trying to understand your question.
Are you saying that once you get onto the EFFECT page of the Mixing Console, pressing H or I doesn't highlight Reverb or Chorus?

If that is your question and your answer is NO, then there is a problem.

Eddie

#123650 - 05/08/02 08:45 PM Re: Need tech advice for PSR2000
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Larry, I can change the effect type easily. In fact I use Delay - Echo. I tried it today just for you and could change it to any of the long list of effect types.
Maybe something IS wrong with yours.
I won't have mine at home until after the weekend. I'll be happy to get on the phone with you and press buttons. Or maybe one of the others could do it before then.
Don

#123651 - 05/08/02 10:04 PM Re: Need tech advice for PSR2000
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi Larry,
I just changed mine from Tempo. Delay to
Tempo. Echo! Then to just Echo!

From the mixing console I Highlighted the mic setting, pushed button "F" (Type)
Scrolled to a different type. It's on echo right now. I pushed exit once, took me back to my mic setting, I adjusted the amount of echo I wanted then exited back to the home screen!
I tried to save the setting to my Reg memory
that I use right after I boot up!
When I turned the power off & back on I got all my settings back but that one!!*****///=

Sorry Larry,
Nobby

------------------

#123652 - 05/09/02 12:03 AM Re: Need tech advice for PSR2000
Beakybird Offline

OK. So there must be something wrong with both of my PSR2000s. On neither of them can I get a different mic effect to appear on the screen from Tempo Delay. T Dly. When I run the diagnostic. C#3, F2, G#3, the screen gets hung on "NO FD". This didn't happen the last time I did this about 4 months ago. Right now my PSR2000 has that on the screen. When I turn the keyboard off and then back on, everything works normally - except for this mic effect thing.

I was sure that I used to have a different mic effect. So this feature used to work on my Yamaha but doesn't work now. The weird thing is that it is broken on both of my keyboards. WEIRD!

Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online