Hello To all,
While demonstrating the SD1 at NAMM this January I discovered a few things that are different from the X1 .
While playing a sequence from hard drive or disk it was possible to press the manaul bass button and deactivate the bass line from a midi sequence . This anabled the player to have a split keyboard immediately . The manaul bass sound was the same sound used in the sequence. This is great for players who like to split keyboard and play left handed bass.
Another thing I found interesting is a Drum/Bass mode. While playing a midi sequence the SD1 was able to eliminate alll parts accept the drum and bass lines
with the pressing of two buttons. The drum/bass feature is assignable to 1 of the 4 outputs. A group using a drummer can assign the drum/bass parts directly to the drummer . Since syncipating a live drummer to a sequence is difficult, the SD1 feature is I think very usable . Why have a click track when the drummer can hear the bass and drum parts live through a separate output?
This feature gives the keyboard player to activate parts in real time making it easier for duo's or groups to have the brass and string parts ( or what ever the sounds they are trying to fill in ) easily .
Just an observation through demonstrations . DanO
PS....for those of you who saw the SD1 at Frankfurt....Did you have a chance to check out the Vocal drum kits on the SD1 ? Very cool !