SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#123256 - 04/09/03 07:05 AM Re: Voiceworks Harmonizer & latest cd
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
It's AMAZING how the written word can be (mis)interpreted depending on our own bias, mood, etc.
trtjazz.... If I may be so bold as to offer MY interpretation:
"...in real terms, the 'net version' doesn't do it any favours..." = "the bottom line is the internet version, because of its lack of quality, is not doing you justice" ...
I choose not to think that Big Red was saying your stuff sucks, MP3 or live !!!
t.

#123257 - 04/09/03 01:19 PM Re: Voiceworks Harmonizer & latest cd
Big Red Offline

Loc: Canada
Thank you Tony Mads - that's exactly what I was intending. I had said in my original post in this thread that I generally liked trt's stuff but, again, the sound I'm hearing from my computer is just not up to it.
For the record, my computer is a stock 1.2 gig, 40 meg Hewlett-Packard with a cable modem and the speakers are Yamaha YST-MS201 with a sub-woofer.

#123258 - 04/09/03 08:21 PM Re: Voiceworks Harmonizer & latest cd
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Red:
Hi trt,
I generally like your stuff but, as Gary says, the vocals are way too cloudy and need to be brought forward. Sorry, but vocal pitching seems to be a problem, too and I'm not overly impressed by the harmonizer; it doesn't sound as good as a Korg ih used in conjunction with a Korg i-series board.

I really don't care to start a beef over this...I did not read Gary's post as saying anything about cloudiness. He also said he thought the harmonizer sounded "terrific". So my interpretation of your words here I think are loose but accurate. And that's ok, your entitled to not like it, or the way it sounded.

To me it's the best sounding harmonizer I've ever heard including Korg's....just differring opinons on sound again is all. The cd version of course sounds better and that's what I do the mix for....the paying customer.

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#123259 - 04/10/03 04:49 AM Re: Voiceworks Harmonizer & latest cd
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
"the bottom line is the internet version, because of its lack of quality, is not doing you justice" ...

Gotcha ya. I didn't think it was an insult, but I wasn't quite sure where you were headed.
My largest level of success with using harmonizers has been to get the correct balance. Even the TC needs to be balanced correctly with the lead or else it sounds odd. I can't imagine working without one anymore ...... it's opened up my sound so much. Mills Brothers, Beach Boys, Andrews Sisters ....... they're all mine now !

[This message has been edited by Uncle Dave (edited 04-10-2003).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online