SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#123117 - 10/30/00 05:54 AM Samples X1
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Hi folks,

Yes Don, this thing is on. I've said before that I think the clarinet is poor on the X1. Is it possible to somehow get a sample of a clarinet or anything else for that matter off the Internet and use it as voice on the X1?

Also how does one change the afterbeat on a pattern from a snare to a rimshot?

Are any of these topics covered with Dan O's video?

Has anyone rewritten the vocalizer manual? I still haven't figured what format and frequency do. As the format number increases what does it do? Likewise with frequency, what happens as the number increases?

I'm expecting an answer from Uncle Dave because he knows everything. Are you lurking in the weeds Uncle Dave? I'm still waiting for that Uncle Dave demo. I wish I lived near Philly so I could catch your act. BTW I added Maxwell's Silver Hammer to the act. I figured that if Uncle Dave could do it so could I.

Don, at your age what difference does it make what time you get up. You should be thankful you can get up at all. I'm set for NAMM next summer. BTW you know we all hate C& W.

Later

Tom

Tom

#123118 - 10/30/00 09:26 AM Re: Samples X1
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi Tom

The September issue of Computer Music came with a CD that had Clarinet samples on it. The problem is not so much getting the samples and it is doing the work to get them to sound they way you want. What you would want is a clarinet multisample with loops and control info already in Solton format. This will be harder to find.

AFAIK, only General Music makes an arranger that reads commercially available sample disks. (GEM SK760/880 read Akai-format sample disks.) The others just read .wav and .aiff format samples. This is good for drums and sound effects, but not adequate for pitched instruments. Maybe there are Solton multisamples around or maybe the Solton converts some standard format, but you need to be aware of the issues regarding samples or expect to be disappointed.

#123119 - 10/30/00 10:27 AM Re: Samples X1
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
Re pattern I think you are referring to patterna record and if so press pattern and press edit and press record then select A B C or D --hold down CLEAR ie F10 and press snare and it will be deleted -then set Val Quantize F 6 to appropriate ie Perhaps 4 and press F8 you are now ready to record Rimshot - press start and tap in time to drum (having pressed SOLO F2) save when ready I hope I understood your Query.

#123120 - 10/30/00 02:11 PM Re: Samples X1
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Country-western doesn't have much clarinet in it. You should switch.
I think it's quite easy to switch the snare to rimshot, but I don't remember exactly how.
I must be getting more senile. The other message I posted Friday night, and I was already trying to change the clocks.
I prefer standard time. I hate going to work when it's still daylight out.
Don't you think it's about time to unload that X1? (:>)
When are you coming for some delicious fried bass, and maybe crawfish gumbo?
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online