SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#122943 - 12/19/02 12:02 PM ONE MAN BAND VERSION 3.0 RELEASE
Jos Maas Offline

Loc: Hantum, The Netherlands
With version 3.0 One Man Band has taken another step in becoming an "all in one tool" for keyboard players. It is a live style player, a style creator and a style sequencer for Yamaha based styles. It provides many new features that convert a simple keyboard into a super arranger keyboard with hard disk and unlimited memory. This way you can upgrade your old keyboard (any make or type) for only $29,95. There are no upgrade costs for already registered users. The new release can be downloaded (free to try) at http://www.home.zonnet.nl/JosMaas/onemanband/download.htm.

The new features in each section are:

LIVE STYLE PLAYER SECTION

Choosing external styles directly from the keyboard (no need for the mouse or PC keyboard) is much easier, because now you can navigate through the directories. The root directory for the styles is user defined in the settings menu. Choosing and loading a style from a collection of thousands is now a matter of seconds.

You can now define the (GM/XG/Panel) bank for each instrument in the multivoices. There are 8 new voice parameters. There is a tool for reorganising the multivoices in the keyboard interface by drag and drop
operations. Groups of 12 voices can be saved in a .vox file. These groups can be loaded in live mode thru the keyboard interface just like styles.

All the keyboard setting including style, tempo, multivoice etc. can be saved in a songfile. The songfiles can be loaded in live mode. This way you can create a song database with all the required presets of your favourite
songs. If the style connected to the song has been moved to another directory, then OMB will search and find it.

STYLE CREATOR SECTION

There are many options added in the tool that pasts midi files into styles. The most important improvement is the "mostly good enough" default setting. This way you can use a very long part of a midi file, that contains many different chords, into one very large main variation. The midi file is transposed to the right chord on a measure by measure basis. The only recommended editing is removing the melody track.

STYLE SEQUENCER SECTION

The freetext chordsequences in the song window, with directives for variations, tempo changes etc. can be recorded from the keyboard during live performance. A 9 track melody sequencer is included. Very large scrolling karaoke text is possible too.

OMB is aimed at keyboard players, performing at home and at club work and is a pre-production tool for studio professionals. If there is anything that might be useful and that is not already implemented in OMB, then please let me know.

Regards,

Jos Maas

#122944 - 12/19/02 05:26 PM Re: ONE MAN BAND VERSION 3.0 RELEASE
sylion Offline

it seems that this software can not run in chinese version windows98 system.
I have test omb 2.0 and 3.0 in 3 computers.
it can't open any style file.
ver 3.0 give this error message:
"unable to open c:\program files\one man band v30\bulegrass.sty"

#122945 - 12/20/02 02:06 AM Re: ONE MAN BAND VERSION 3.0 RELEASE
Jos Maas Offline

I haven't got other reports of OMB refusing to open any style at all. It may be that the combination with the chinese version of windows 98 is fatal. There were a few reactions from china of people who were using it without the problem you describe, but I'm unsure which version of windows they were using. As you know we were trying to debug this last month, but after a few tries my emails were blokked and returned all the time (maybe because of the big attachments). It is not completely sure that it will always go wrong with the chinese version of windows 98. It could be that it is some option or program that you have installed on all 3 computers. Or were the computers of different people?

#122946 - 12/20/02 02:14 AM Re: ONE MAN BAND VERSION 3.0 RELEASE
Jos Maas Offline

Sylion, I just tried if your email address was still blokked and got my mail returned again with the reason "sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)"

#122947 - 12/20/02 03:25 AM Re: ONE MAN BAND VERSION 3.0 RELEASE
sylion Offline

Jos Maas:
you can send mail to sylion@163.com or gege888@21cn.com

i will try this software on other computers

#122948 - 12/20/02 05:50 AM Re: ONE MAN BAND VERSION 3.0 RELEASE
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
What language is http://www.home.zonnet.nl/index.html/?

I'm trying to translate using altavista babelfish.

steve

#122949 - 12/20/02 10:32 AM Re: ONE MAN BAND VERSION 3.0 RELEASE
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Stevizard:
What language is http://www.home.zonnet.nl/index.html/?

I'm trying to translate using altavista babelfish.

steve

Steve,
it looks like dutch.

#122950 - 12/20/02 11:24 AM Re: ONE MAN BAND VERSION 3.0 RELEASE
Jos Maas Offline

It is dutch. But if you try http://www.home.zonnet.nl/JosMaas/onemanband/ it is in english. There was a dot too many in the download page I mentioned first. I suppose that was the reason that you started wandering.

Jos

#122951 - 12/20/02 01:19 PM Re: ONE MAN BAND VERSION 3.0 RELEASE
rhumba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN, USA
I couldn't get it to response to my Yamaha S90. Is there a tutorial docs out there somewhere?

..rb

#122952 - 12/20/02 02:51 PM Re: ONE MAN BAND VERSION 3.0 RELEASE
Jos Maas Offline

There is a helpfile included that opens in the "getting started" chapter when you start the program. Have you already chosen the right "midi in" and "midi out" port?

Jos

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online