SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#122679 - 05/12/05 07:09 PM Old set up still works for me
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/francarangomusic.htm

I still like my G1000,,I like the seperate midi outs that allow me more flexability, rounting my midi data[I probably will miss this with the G70].
I am also using a harmony box[Tune 1000], that was hard to sell..in fact I prefer the realistic voices over the Digitech[I even sold my Vocal workstation,due to this fact]..
It only functions as a vocoder[the only way I ever used a vocalists anyway]..

I uploaded[URL above] a tune I did with my "Antiques"...
Like I said, this old set up still works for me..

#122680 - 05/13/05 02:46 PM Re: Old set up still works for me
Fran Carango Offline

BTW, my "old" set up includes my pair of Roland Keyboard amps[20 years old], and my Audio technica PR60 mics[also 20 years old]..

I guess I could always dig out my Accordion [electricfied] and Sano amp[they are over 40 years old]....and then there is the performer[over 60]..

I didn't realize how old...untill I actually started to type it out!!

#122681 - 05/13/05 03:03 PM Re: Old set up still works for me
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fran

Speaking of accordions, I'm also an accordion player. My parents bought me an Excelsior in 1955 and I still have it. And I also had a Sano amp and pick-ups on my accordion. I don't do many gigs on it anymore. I can still play it well, but the back muscles get out of shape if you don't use them in that way. I studied at the Neupauer Conservatory of Music in Philly...ever hear of him?

Peter

[This message has been edited by peter dino (edited 05-13-2005).]

#122682 - 05/13/05 03:36 PM Re: Old set up still works for me
Fran Carango Offline

Peter, I know of the Conservatory of Music[near 12th St.]..
It was one of my choices to continue music studies after high school, but I went to school in Villanova..

My accordion was custom made[Baccalachio] and was amplified by Sano [Hoboken NJ] in 1964..as was my first 120 bass accordion in 1956[I wish I kept that one too]..the 56 model had the action worked on as well as sound dampening and super amplification..

I will attempt to show a picture here.

#122683 - 05/13/05 03:39 PM Re: Old set up still works for me
Fran Carango Offline

#122684 - 05/13/05 05:24 PM Re: Old set up still works for me
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fran

I can't open the picture. How do I do it? I tried right clicking, show picture, didn't work.

Peter

#122685 - 05/13/05 06:42 PM Re: Old set up still works for me
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Hello, guys!

That reminds me that I still own an old Hohner accordeon (19??). I think it has 96 basses but I don't remember exactly. But I do remember the good sound of it...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#122686 - 05/13/05 07:27 PM Re: Old set up still works for me
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fran

Your custom accordion [Baccalachio] sounds like a fish my mother used to make..baccala. Remember? Never did care for it.

#122687 - 05/13/05 07:44 PM Re: Old set up still works for me
flatfoot Offline

Loc: sacramento CA
Its a small world, Peter. I attended the Neupauer Conservatory from 1972 to 1975, more or less. This was the las class to have accordion players in it, I beleive. Around 1975 Doc lost his lease and moved first to Payne's in So Phila and later to a place near Granoff's. I lost touch after that.

Bill Schimmel went on to work with Tom Waits and some other avantgarde artists around New York. Art VanDamme, I just heard, is living in Elk Grove, down the road from where I live in Sacramento.

I am pretty sure I heard Doc mention your name a time or two...

Douglas Wolfe

.\\\

#122688 - 05/13/05 09:32 PM Re: Old set up still works for me
Anonymous
Unregistered

Douglas

It sure is a small world. What a surprise.
I went to the conservatory from 1959 to 1962 when I graduated. Bill Schimmel went onto Julliard and got his PHD in composition. You can probably find his website on Google.

Very briefly, I moved to New York and worked as an arranger/composer/conductor. I wrote many arrangements for some well know artists for their record dates and their acts. I also composed and arranged jingles for radio and T.V.

I now live in Florida still doing gigs and some writing for myself and other projects.

How did you end up in Sacramento?

If you want to email me and continue this chat, my email address is: pd1@adelphia.net

Best regards,

Peter

[This message has been edited by peter dino (edited 05-13-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online