Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#122641 - 09/01/06 09:01 PM Re: This thread is for bashing
Nick G Online   content

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
John,
thnx... I thought I was missing something.......
t.

I mean in the style sequencer, it has a very simlar layout, with the grid and asterixes. much better than the event list view...

#122642 - 09/02/06 01:18 AM Re: This thread is for bashing
Wis Offline

I do not like bashing.

#122643 - 09/02/06 02:02 AM Re: This thread is for bashing
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Me neither.

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#122644 - 09/02/06 02:26 AM Re: This thread is for bashing
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Nice topic Fran
May I bashing my self too?

I hate that my mediastation is not complete of the all features that you are looking for.

I hate that the VST under Linux need the Wine app and we have always to waiting that they continue fix.

I hate that I have only the beta test of the DJ arranger, where we can clone by audio wav all the original keyboards styles.

I hate that the mediastation will be sold only ONE time and we cant asking you more money for the updates.

I hate that we dont have time for make different software for different products, in this way we are able to suck you much more money every 6/8 months, like the other manufactures.

I hate that only Oriental musician have understand the power and the future of the mediastation and not the Europe-Usa.

I hate that the all other manufacture still continue selling you closed embedded system, slow like .....and no full possibility PC share connections.

I hate people that will only Eat the same stuff and they never will try to eating some different because they thinking are not so good.

Anyway, I know that only time will tell what the future holds and we are sure that someday we can make you there all happy.
Like or not, but LIONSTRACS will NEVER closed for make someone there happy...

Cheers
domenik

#122645 - 09/02/06 12:04 PM Re: This thread is for bashing
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
Hello Domenik.
Do you have a UK distributor for your Mediastation product, where I could go and play one?

#122646 - 09/02/06 05:52 PM Re: This thread is for bashing
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Nick,
you're not on your own there. Was so looking forward to a KN8000.

PSR's doesn't have piano roll editing, but I beleive you can do event list editing on a user style?? Like John, I think my next keyboard will hopefully be a T2 .
If hubby thinks it's too expensive I'll be happy to settle for a PSR3000.
Unfortunately for Technics owners, sadly one day they are going to have to find another brand.
My KN7 sold in a flash on Ebay Australia, haven't spotted one since.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
top post!

I hate how technics stopped producing keyboards too! Long Live the KN6500 !!!

I want PIANO ROLL Editing on the tyros like the technics KN series!

Peace

Nick

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#122647 - 09/03/06 09:05 AM Re: This thread is for bashing
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I hate it when manufacturers post here apologizing for the fact that their product is still beta, but still want you to buy one so they can finish it.......

On the other hand, Roland (and all the manufacturers, really) NEVER post here apologizing for the fact their arrangers still have bugs and unfinished features, so at least Domenik deserves credit for 'fessing up........

#122648 - 09/03/06 09:58 AM Re: This thread is for bashing
to the genesys Offline

Actually, it doesn’t seem like the mediastation itself is beta. But it is more that some of the most innovative features and software is in beta.

It sounds as if to use the mediastation as a gigging keyboard like you use a Roland, Yamaha or Gem, it can do the job as good as and in some cases much better than the standard arrangers.

#122649 - 09/03/06 10:49 AM Re: This thread is for bashing
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
An arranger is the combination of software and hardware..... if either one is still beta, then the arranger is beta.

I have no problem with the concept, and I believe that it is the way of the future. I look forward to getting one when the promise is realized, rather than in development...

For the high cost of one of these computer based arrangers, it should work as well OOTB as a comparably priced Yammie or Roland, but as of now, not only does it require a lot more money added to the cost to add the Giga and software instruments of your choice, but, as Domenik points out, you are relying on third-party companies to provide robust drivers to allow you to use the VST instruments of your choice in the Linux environment. Not to mention the debugging process you will have to put yourself through every time your VST instrument gets updated, or you upgrade the CPU or I/O options.

The future is coming, no doubt, but I don't feel it has quite got here, yet.

#122650 - 09/03/06 01:16 PM Re: This thread is for bashing
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Dear Diki
I don't agree with you in all the points.
All the hardware products that are working with software, will be never finish, because we can always updating the product with new features.
This of course depend on the OS you are using for this products.

maybe you remember when Microsoft switch the DOS OS to Windows NT, windows95, then Windows 98..I tough that was the LAST and best OS and they sell out and you had buy too.
then is born the windows Xp, for sure you have canged your PC and installed it, you tough that will the last better and stable OS.. BUT not...need the service pack 2 for fix a lot of bugs..
Now they have the windows Xp for the 64bit CPU, but is NOT working well BUT they still sell the OS upgrade package...are you sure that this new OS is ready to sell or is still a Beta OS?

Don't worry that the same is for Apple, I still use one Powermac 333Mhz with the OS 9, is working fine for my CAD, but I know that give the new Apple G5, OSX 10...

Same way is for the keyboards manufactures, do you think that they in the last 20 years still recycle the SAME OS without fix bugs and add new features?

I own of one Roland G-800/megafloppy and Korg Trinity, I tough that was the best keyboards, complete of all the features possible.
Not true...Korg released a lot of new feature, V3... HD recording...Roland remake the G-800 to the G-1000 with the HD included, then the VA7...
I have to continue? Understand the concept?

;ediastation is one nice and OPEN system keyboard, born with the Athlon 32Bit CPU and now we produce with the 64Bit CPU, this because the hardware PC changed too.

same is for the OS, 2 years ago the Linux was not so powerfull like now, just read again the windows and Apple story too.

We continue updating the Mediastation OS with new features and for sure more months pass, more new features will be added, BUT this do NOT mean that you have to change the Mediastation, like the other manufacture.

Untill the other manufacture will NOT switch to the PC system, you NEVER can have there the GIGA support, VST plugins, Full internet, Video and Audio production center.
You mean that one your keyboards is ready to open vst? http://www.lionstracs.com/site/images/gui/KONTAKT800.png http://www.lionstracs.com/site/images/gui/REVERB.png http://www.lionstracs.com/data/gui/vst.png

Or open one HDR like protools? http://www.lionstracs.com/site/images/gui/ardour.png

Or play styles with Giga sounds? http://www.lionstracs.com/data/gui/gigapara.PNG

Or streaming styles with full audio files in realtime under cubase sx? http://www.lionstracs.com/site/images/style/ethnocx3.JPG

When they can arrival in our point, will pass YEARS and after this years, what the MS is able to make??

About the high cost of the Mediastation...I think that the official price, Euro 2600 for the standard MS is not so high, the MS Expanded cost officially Euro 3300, less than another Pro Arranger keyb.
Updates in the MS cost FREE and every 20 days are available, in the other keyb you have to continue pay for the new features and styles.

anyway, for what the MS can do right now, is still much more than the other keyboards, of course we have to fix our stuff too, but this happen in any products, Yamaha, Roland, korg too, don't worry.

Example is the Korg Oasys, soon will be available the new OS 1.2 http://www.karma-lab.com/oasys/o_main.html
what it mean? that they untill now have release one NOT complete and BETA keyboard??
Maybe they in the next future will add the GIGA support and MAYBE the VST?

Then is better for you wait more 3-5 years... maybe the windows XP Pro XX 128bit is ready, the Apple X40 256Bit, AMD CPU 512Bit, T-10, E-8000...MAYBE then you can have the RIGHT hardware/software....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online