SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12256 - 01/12/00 08:54 AM SCSI interface !!! MPC2000XL software !!!
Mesquita Offline

Loc: Portugal
Hi guys ...
Is there any nice software for the mpc2000xl?
Can it communicate with my pc ?
I need to know if there is a way to connect MPC2000xl to my pc ... it has a scsi card ...
Does a Mac Zip Drive funtion on the MPC ?

Thanks !!!

#12257 - 01/14/00 01:15 PM Re: SCSI interface !!! MPC2000XL software !!!
Travis Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA , USA
I bought an external SCSI Zip drive (MAC or PC compatible) for my MPC and it worked right out of the box without any extra software.

[This message has been edited by Travis (edited 01-14-2000).]

#12258 - 02/03/00 09:06 AM Re: SCSI interface !!! MPC2000XL software !!!
hitech Offline

Loc: ann arbor MI USA
I know, I know, this SUCKS, but pc's and MPC's cannot talk to each other via scsi. Read up on some of the akai sampler forums floating around on the web and they all say the same thing. You need to use something like a zip to be the mediator. the MPC cannot and will not recieve scsi information from you pc like the S series do. This is a complete and utter bummer. akai needs to get off their asses and fix this bug if it is an OS issue, and if it is hardware, well, shit, start over!

sorry man, I just learned this a few days ago and my heart is broken as well. No windows editors for the mpc..... :[

#12259 - 02/11/00 04:03 AM Re: SCSI interface !!! MPC2000XL software !!!
Mesquita Offline

Loc: Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by Travis:
I bought an external SCSI Zip drive (MAC or PC compatible) for my MPC and it worked right out of the box without any extra software.

[This message has been edited by Travis (edited 01-14-2000).]

Thanks for replying ...
Yeah ... but is Zip drive fully compatible with both systems ?! mac and pc .. because mine says for machintosh ... and I use it with my pc .. but i am afraid it gets any errors ... thanks

#12260 - 05/09/00 07:19 AM Re: SCSI interface !!! MPC2000XL software !!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmm, is it possible to access the internal zip drive (if u chose the scsi ver) via pc through the scsi port ?

i got my mpc today and am wondering how i organize storage/pc communication...
Got a pc with scsi,cdr,cdrw-writer (supported ?), emu esi32 with scsi cdr, nomai mcd 540...

if ne1 got ne suggestions...

thnx, WThor

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online