SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#122411 - 01/19/07 07:17 AM Nigel: automated URL clipping?
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
Nigel:

Can something be done to automatically cut long URL's down to the size of the viewer? I've seen this done on other forum sites. Too many people here simply don't use the UBB codes to make links with, resulting in having to scroll back and forth to view posts. I'm about ready to just give up reading posts here if something isn't done - I already skip posts with long URL's now.

Thanks.

#122412 - 01/19/07 07:21 AM Re: Nigel: automated URL clipping?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I am 99% sure this forum software will NOT do this. It's a complaint I have had all along. There are two ways people can fix their posts but they don't take the time to learn how. One is with UBB code; the other is tinyurl.com. I've made several posts about this on this forum, it's one of my pet peeves, just drives me nuts.

The feature you speak of is a fairly recent forum software development, me thinks. A fantastic one, at that.

------------------
Bill
SmallGig.com

#122413 - 01/19/07 10:53 AM Re: Nigel: automated URL clipping?
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Is there any way you can customize the Smilies Legend page to include the UBB code for URLs, to make looking it up quick and easy?

Or a Sticky, at the top (where you posted the information about forum etiquette in the bad old days......!)?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online