SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#122243 - 01/13/02 11:28 AM I need a kind soul with extra time to help a friend
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
HI gang ......
I have a blind friend with a new psr2k, and I got him started with a few pointers, but he really needs someone to go over LOTS of details as he touches the buttons and memorizes the features. I would love to do this over the phone with him, but I'm in overload again here at home, and just can't do it. I realize you all have busy schedules, but if you can find an hour or so to chat with a terrific, professional musician - it would be a great service to a man who could really use the help.
If you can donate some of your knowledge, and the use of your eyes please call "Panama Jack" at 215-657-2577. He's in the Philadelphi area. He and his wife are both blind, and lead pretty amazing lives on their own. He's mastered many electronic keyboards in the past including the Roland G800, so he's a good study - he just needs a clear explaination of what each button does.
This is Gods work, and you WILL be rewarded if you can help him out.... even just a little. I'll get over to see him in a few weeks and do another "hands on" session, but he needs help now, and i just can't do it.
Thanx for listening ..... see what you can do.

#122244 - 01/13/02 01:19 PM Re: I need a kind soul with extra time to help a friend
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
Dave I dont use the Keyboard and I'm stuck at house repair at home -- very serious stuff. The Blind council in Ireland have alot of books on cassette tapes and I wonder does the Blind Council or whatever it is called in your country have a few helpers that would read the manual into a tape or perhaps an mp3. Pierce in Ireland

#122245 - 01/13/02 01:51 PM Re: I need a kind soul with extra time to help a friend
mbl Offline

Loc: el paso tx
If the manual is in the internet, it can be easily be read by "Text Assist" in good understandable English. If Text Assist is not available, a past search for similar ones lead to two or three. All would work. That's if they have a PC with speakers, though. Else a CD can be made by those means and delivered to them.

That much is rather simple to do.

#122246 - 01/13/02 01:51 PM Re: I need a kind soul with extra time to help a friend
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I'm not the best at all at explaining things, ( see my replies to the pitch bend topic..lol ), but I'd be happy to call after dinner and see if I can help

AJ

#122247 - 01/13/02 01:52 PM Re: I need a kind soul with extra time to help a friend
Anonymous
Unregistered

Uncle Dave...
There is a blind member over at the Yamaha Styles Forum who seems to have a tremendous command of the several KBs, including the PSR2000. I believe his name is Joe Bollard, but I just did a search and can't find him..so I may have the name wrong. I will continue to look for him and find out if he can be of any service to your friend.

#122248 - 01/13/02 01:54 PM Re: I need a kind soul with extra time to help a friend
Bluezplayer Offline

I think I have the manual in PDF format by the way and would be happy to write it to a cd and send it to him ...will that help?

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 01-13-2002).]

#122249 - 01/13/02 03:44 PM Re: I need a kind soul with extra time to help a friend
Uncle Dave Offline

I'm so touched by the instant outpouring of help offered. Thanx to all - this will NOT go unappreciated.
Listen - my friend, Jack is very "hip" to technogolgy and has command over email, and text-to-voice scanners and the like. If you have any suggestions that may help him - his email address is:
Panama.Jack1@home.com
Send your suggestions direct to him, and everyone will feel better tomorrow !
Thanx again .... this is wonderful of you.

I think the manual was difficult to scan because of too many graphics. I THINK that's what he said.

#122250 - 01/13/02 07:16 PM Re: I need a kind soul with extra time to help a friend
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Same here I would be happy to donate some time, but the only KB I own is the Pro.
That woun't help. Sorry.

I hope he'll find somebody.

Eric

#122251 - 01/13/02 07:42 PM Re: I need a kind soul with extra time to help a friend
Uncle Dave Offline

The manual is available as a pdf download, and anyone that can read English, actually CAN be a big help just by reading the pages that pertain to his questions.
I know this is alot to ask, but if you DO have some time ..... just reading the book to someone who can't ... is a huge blessing.
If you talk to Jack - tell him, I'll get over to see him as soon as I can.
I'd do it late at night, when I'm on -line but he works a daytime job, and has to get his rest, so our schedules miss each other.

#122252 - 01/13/02 09:18 PM Re: I need a kind soul with extra time to help a friend
Bluezplayer Offline

Uncle Dave,

I talked to him this evening and I think I was able to help him to be able to save registration memories and get a better feel for what some of the buttons on the board do.
I'm sure that he and I will talk again soon and I will pass what you said on to him.

AAJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online