SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#122207 - 11/23/05 01:33 PM Another tyros 2 doodle...
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Posted this one on my forum, but thought I'd copy here for those who might have missed it. This doodle has become somewhat longer than originally planned... one of those I couldn't resist adding a bit more each time I returned to it! I decided though to showcase a few of the SA voices and new sounds on the Tyros 2, and I haven't used a style for this one. Instead all recorded on the T2 sequencer.

It begins with the new Power Live Drums Kit 1, played live on the keys for a dynamic and lively sound. Then some SA warm guitar for rhythm, SA trumpet and SA brass shakes and falls, electric bass and SA sax. The funky riff continues and then moves to a nylon guitar riff, with a bit of Live! Bright Piano, bass and brass. Timing was a bit quirky on this bit!!

This gradually evolves into SA warm electric guitar, movie strings and SA saxophone. There's even a bit of SA Golden Trumpet! You can also hear a tad of a Custom voice (live! vocal) in the background.

Then we change pace with the SA flamenco guitar, SA golden trumpet, followed by Live! Power Drums kit 1 and then a SA string fall and SA strings to continue in a mexican/spanish style riff. Finally the SA bowing strings (using the mod wheel to move from gentle bowing to tremelo strings) and the fabulous sweet cornet to finish.

If you've got a T2 or are just curious to try the midi on your keyboard, download it from this post. If you want to hear how it sounds on the T2, complete with EQ'ing and using the Live settings of the built in compressor, as encoded direct from the internal hdd, download the high quality wma below. Please note though its nearly 4MB in size!
http://www.svpworld.com/mp3/tyros%202/SA-RiffT2svpworld.wma

Tyros 2 owners can download the midifile from my forum.

Enjoy!

Simon

------------------

forum.svpworld.com - No adverts, No spam, No nonsense!
share your music, get help and advice, make new friends! All platforms invited!!

#122208 - 11/23/05 03:18 PM Re: Another tyros 2 doodle...
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!

This post deserves a standing ovation.

The sounds reminded me a lot of a Chuck Mangione type of composition. (Eg. Children of Sanchez). Except your sounds are more realistic than the real thing.

http://sg1.allmusic.com/cg/smp.dll?link=hwnovpe4qn9g0906t8vg55i&z=MP3&r=20.asx

Regards,

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Jerryghr (edited 11-23-2005).]

#122209 - 11/23/05 03:23 PM Re: Another tyros 2 doodle...
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
OMG, speechless

#122210 - 11/23/05 06:22 PM Re: Another tyros 2 doodle...
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
DAYYUM! AMAZING!

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#122211 - 11/23/05 06:32 PM Re: Another tyros 2 doodle...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Simon , that was great...maybe good enough, that Roland users paid attention..
The guitar work and brass were super...Fran

#122212 - 11/23/05 06:41 PM Re: Another tyros 2 doodle...
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Hmmm, I can see me leaning more toward the Tyros 2 every day as my live performance machine and your demo certainly highlites some of the finer points. Nice job Simon, very nice.

I hear some very noticeable improvements from the Yamaha arrangers I'm accustomed to, particularly in the drums and the bass sounds. The guitar lead voice is very good as well.

I don't think anyone ( manufacturer wise ) has quite nailed down sax and horn sounds yet, including those that supply mega sized samples, simply because it's so difficult to do. I suspect it's going to require something along the lines of a VL technology and some super multisamples to have a chance at nailing it down to the point that it is practically indistinguishable from the real thing.

AJ

#122213 - 11/23/05 07:35 PM Re: Another tyros 2 doodle...
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Wow, thanks Simon, that was awesome!!!!!

#122214 - 11/23/05 07:39 PM Re: Another tyros 2 doodle...
zalmi Offline

Loc: London, UK
Thanks for that Simon, like the style. BTW, are there scat voices in the Tyros 2?

[This message has been edited by zalmi (edited 11-23-2005).]

#122215 - 11/23/05 09:57 PM Re: Another tyros 2 doodle...
FreeStyle Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
WOW!!!

Super performance and sequence!!!

I'm alreadty thinking of getting a loan to buy the T2!

#122216 - 11/23/05 10:10 PM Re: Another tyros 2 doodle...
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Wow....

Simon as I'm listening to this song I'm imaganing myself in a really nice Club and you Guy(s) are playing "really" live..

Great job.

Thanks a lot for reposting it on this forum.

Eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online