#121918 - 01/06/03 05:33 PM Re: Update Tyros OS 1.10
rgtaa Offline

you need a new NAME!
unless you still got your 9000!
Thanks for the LINK!

#121919 - 01/06/03 06:45 PM Re: Update Tyros OS 1.10
trtjazz Offline

OK,
Being the devil may care living life on the edge sort of guy I am, I've d/l'd and installed the upgrade.

The actual installation takes about 15 (tense) minutes hoping for no power glitch.

Here's something else you might watch for.....I double clicked the file and what I got was a black box that looks similar to the MS DOS prompt box....

Near as I can tell, it is just a dialog box asking if you want to reunzip the executable file that is already there....so answer n (no) to this, because the file is there.....so...

Make sure you close your Windows Explorer and reopen, so that it refreshes and you can see the installer icon. Once you see that which they are referring to on the pk site above it's real straight forward and comes off just as the instructions show.

The Tyros screen will go blue and tell you to wait awhile. When it is done, both the Tyros and the PC will tell you it is completed. When you're staring at the screen on the PC wondering if it's locked up or really doing something or not....watch on the bottom left.....it will say "load data" then it'll say "writing block" as it u/l's the stuff.
jam on,
Terry

#121920 - 01/06/03 08:51 PM Re: Update Tyros OS 1.10
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi You Guys

This is interesting that Yamaha has ALREADY come out with an OS upgrade. Does anyone know what it fixes or what features it adds? The website doesn't say much at all - other than a lot of talk about "defrosting".

Tom G.

#121921 - 01/06/03 10:42 PM Re: Update Tyros OS 1.10
Dnj Offline

"Here are the improvements of the upgrade.

The following problems are solved on Version 1.10

Function Problem
Song Edit In the song edit mode, the song playback position is
reset when the key signature is changed.
Master EQ Master EQ sometimes doesn't work properly.
Song Save/Load A malfunction can occur when a song is loaded
after pulling out the floppy disk three times while a song file is
being saved.
Organ Flutes When selecting another Organ Flutes voice with
Vibrato Switch off, the Vibrato Depth value is not updated.
Style Creator A malfunction can occur in the Style Creator
Assembly function, when choosing ALL or MAIN/FILL in the
Section popup and Assembly is executed.
Song START/STOP The panel switch or the keyboard can
malfunction when selecting some songs and [START/STOP] and
[TOP] switches are pressed repeatedly.

regards, Lou"
------------------------------------------------------------------------

source
Tyrosworld...Yahoo Group

#121922 - 01/07/03 05:59 AM Re: Update Tyros OS 1.10
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
This also answers the question on "how big is the tyros operating system". If this is a complete OS upgrade replacement then it would be 16MB.

Incidentally the weather here in Britain at the moment certainly does require defrosting of the tyros!!! :-)

No new features added yet, just minor bug fixes. Good though to see that support is on the ball!

Simon

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

#121923 - 01/07/03 01:40 PM Re: Update Tyros OS 1.10
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Robby,

The Update doesnt work under Win XP ??
Is there a solution for ??

Regards
Arno.

#121924 - 01/08/03 01:16 AM Re: Update Tyros OS 1.10
Micco Offline

Loc: Finland
Is it possible to install the update on Macintosh? If not, then I will be very angry.

Micco

#121925 - 01/09/03 01:49 PM Re: Update Tyros OS 1.10
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
The update works with Win XP, i didnt see the update Icon after i unzipped the files.
After a little search i found it,and i updated the Tyros succesfuly.
Regards
Arno

#121926 - 01/09/03 02:56 PM Re: Update Tyros OS 1.10
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I was able to successfully update my Tyros to OS version 1.10, but not without an initial scary glitch. In the middle of updating, my PC (Windows XP) unexplicably 'timed out'. Thankfully I was able to reboot the computer, and then re-initiate the OS Update proceedure from where it left off. Thankfully I had remembered NOT to turn off the Tyros during all this, because this would have probably resulted in losing everything and then not being able to reinstall the OS. Believe me, I was really sweating it there for a few tense minutes.

Btw: the USB connection works well, except for its disappointingly slow transfer speed: 8 kb/sec. In addition to transfering files to/from the Tyros via my PC's keyobard, what I love is the ability to ORGANIZE and rename files on the Tyros, from my computer instead of on the Tyros keyboard itself- this is so much more convenient and much faster. The other cool utility is the ability to edit Tyros sounds from your PC instead of on the Tyors itself. Haven't had much chance to play a lot with this yet, but it really makes sound creation EASY to do when you can do it from a large PC screen monitor. - Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online