SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#121822 - 04/06/05 11:29 PM What do you get when you cross a Rhumba with a Tuba?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
How about a European Tango?

Here is a song I made on my Tyros called "Swiss Cheese". It is a Style from the G70 which I then arranged into a composition. Picture the Alps in a Latin American panorama and you will get a better picture of this song. At least I hope so anyway..

I also posted an .mp3PRO version for those who wish to download it and are on dialup.

Swiss Cheese

Swiss Cheese .mp3PRO

PS: You may have to turn down your Subwoofer a bit because of the booming Tuba.

Another PS: I think the G70's styles are very expressive and musical and you may want to indeed check out the G70 and make it your next Arranger keyboard. If not exclusively for the styles then for the Key action and feel which supposedly is to die for from what I understand. Plus it has the wider keys too. And 76 of them at that.

Best regards,
Mike

>> You will need a sound card that can play files sampled at 48kHz if you download the standard .mp3, i.e. the first one posted.

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 04-07-2005).]

#121823 - 04/07/05 06:50 AM Re: What do you get when you cross a Rhumba with a Tuba?
Clif Anderson Offline

Nice demo. The brass sounds were pretty expressive.

#121824 - 04/07/05 08:15 AM Re: What do you get when you cross a Rhumba with a Tuba?
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
ALRiiiGHT.......Pose

#121825 - 04/07/05 09:32 AM Re: What do you get when you cross a Rhumba with a Tuba?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Sounds good Mike.

#121826 - 04/07/05 05:36 PM Re: What do you get when you cross a Rhumba with a Tuba?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Mike ... nice job ...
t.

#121827 - 04/07/05 08:20 PM Re: What do you get when you cross a Rhumba with a Tuba?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Mike the G70 styles sounds pretty good on your Tyros, but I have to say playing your tune in the key of D on my Roland, with the G70 Cool Cha Cha...has the edge..especially the Roland brass falls...Are the brass falls available on the Tyros? Did you choose not to use them?

Definately a thumbs up, though..

#121828 - 04/08/05 12:15 AM Re: What do you get when you cross a Rhumba with a Tuba?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Are the brass falls available on the Tyros? Did you choose not to use them?

Definately a thumbs up, though..

Fran, the Tyros does not have Brass falls in the standalone Voices but there are Brass falls on some of the Multi-Pads. I suppose I could have used the Multi-Pad Brass falls (through the Multi-Pad panel) but I didn't think of it at the time. Unfortunately though, the Styles cannot utilize the sounds from the Multi-Pads into the Styles themselves but only the actual standalone Voices of the Tyros. It could be done using the Multi-Pads but it would be separate from the voices utilized within the Styles. In other words - 'manually' by way of the Multi-Pad panel buttons.

Best regards,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online