SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#121747 - 01/21/05 03:44 AM Somthing wrong with Roland G-70
nielshs Offline

Hi

I have owned the G-70 for almost a month now and was very happy the first 14 days, but it seems that there’s something wrong with this keyboard.
Its sounds ok in my studio earphones but not on my PA system. (Dynacord Powermate 1000 and HK speakers).

1. The compressor is useless. I have tried most every possible setting with no good result.
2. All the bass sounds have too hard attack and sounds rumbling .The drums sounds have too much treble and sounds too hard. If I try to change it with the equalizer it will influence the overall sound in a bad way.
3. The styles settings are totally wrong. Too much reverb and I have to change the style mixer volume for every style. If you want to turn down the reverb, you have too save the style in a new file and that’s for every style.
4. The effect processor for the style/song is poor, you can’t set the length of the 12 reverbs, and I think it’s one of the mane reason why I can’t get the sound I want.

If Roland is going too change this in their next software update I will be totally satisfied with this arranger. If not I can’t use it, and will keep my VA-7.

Regards

Niels

#121748 - 01/21/05 04:03 AM Re: Somthing wrong with Roland G-70
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Niels,

I sympathize with you. Playing my friend's G-70 I cannot help wondering what on earth motivated Roland to come up with this keyboard in the first place. Sure, it contains an overwhelming array of sounds and styles, but when I sit at my friend's keyboard for an hour I have hardly experienced any "playing pleasure", and what's more I have been fiddling and programming for 50 out of 60 minutes. Roland fans in possession of the VA7/76 have been waiting for this board to come out for years and even they are not fully convinced ,it seems to me. And as I mentioned elsewhere, very,very few non Roland keyboard arranger users will be tempted to fork out such a lot of money for this top arranger keyboard.........

#121749 - 01/21/05 06:16 AM Re: Somthing wrong with Roland G-70
Roel Offline

I'm sorry to hear this Niels.
It appears John spent more hours with the G70 than I did

This 'something wrong' feeling immediately popped up the very first minutes I played the G70 in my home studio..... and never went away.

After reading George's NAMM review, I do hope Roland makes the needed changes to make customers happy.

A good friend of mine yesterday visited a demo at Music all-in at Noordwijk. Ralph Schinke demoed the G70 and my friend was VERY impressed by the excellent demo. Ralph is a real PRO, musician- and entertainer! What did not impress him much? : The G70-sounds/styles.

#121750 - 01/21/05 08:46 AM Re: Somthing wrong with Roland G-70
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Ralph Schink is going to have some demo here in Norway next week,
and I'm planning to visit and see G70 at the 25th. in Bergen
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#121751 - 01/21/05 10:19 AM Re: Somthing wrong with Roland G-70
Bevan Offline

There will be very shortly an update for
the G70.

#121752 - 01/21/05 10:26 AM Re: Somthing wrong with Roland G-70
Wis Offline

The compressor works very good and makes the
G70 sounding very good.
Changing the keytouch to medium is another
good thing.

#121753 - 01/21/05 01:25 PM Re: Somthing wrong with Roland G-70
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Hi Nielshs,
I wonder about your new situation at G-70. Did you change the output connection? Normaly
the headphone output is a good control of all. What will happen if set equalizer to 'flat' and
the compressor to 'hard comp' ? What, please, did you select at part output? Do you have
no Roland Service in Denmark? Please let us hear how story goes on. Regards: Hanspeter

#121754 - 01/21/05 02:02 PM Re: Somthing wrong with Roland G-70
Christian_1 Offline

Hi Niels,
I am not a G-70 owner, but I read about the new upgrade version 1.06, have you tried that?
Best regards,
Christian

#121755 - 01/21/05 02:15 PM Re: Somthing wrong with Roland G-70
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:

A good friend of mine yesterday visited a demo at Music all-in at Noordwijk. Ralph Schinke demoed the G70 and my friend was VERY impressed by the excellent demo. Ralph is a real PRO, musician- and entertainer! What did not impress him much? : The G70-sounds/styles.

I can't understand this point: your friend was impressed by the demo but not by G-70 styles and sounds.
Didn't Ralf make his demo using G-70 styles and sounds?
What else was impressive of Ralf's demo?

#121756 - 01/21/05 02:49 PM Re: Somthing wrong with Roland G-70
ailev Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
Quote:
Originally posted by Wis:
Changing the keytouch to medium is another
good thing.

How many times I need change the keytouch to medium? I can not find how to do it one time as a permanent settings. Changing anything (style, program etc.) return to Roland "hard" preset.

The same with all other settings. How many buttons I should to push to set modest reverb to all styles and voices?

Only useful settings that I can change one time -- equalizer. Others need resetting per style/program button. Several days of pushin buttons...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online