SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#121654 - 01/08/01 10:16 AM Re: Which Arranger for my kind of music?
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Tom
In case you're not being very tongue in cheek - the Roland G600 is a baby brother of the G800, which has been replaced by the G1000. It was discontinued a couple of years ago. At that time, most of the dealers who had it were selling it out at about $700. It was a pretty nice keyboard and that was a very good deal.
Tom

#121655 - 01/08/01 10:25 AM Re: Which Arranger for my kind of music?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hey Tom,
Thanx for the pity party, but as an Eagles fan - we're thrilled that the season went into January at all! The Giants were clearly the better team all around and I think they have a shot to smash the Vik's next week too.
Donny posted a pic for me weeks ago - I'm not up on HTML and the like. I can hardly type, so these conversations take a lot out of me.(being as LONG winded as I AM!)
I have never been very big on serious recordings of myself. Whenever I need to send a demo to a client, I make it special for their needs and never save the resuts. The few tracks I do have on the shelf are pretty old and tired, so......wait till the PA80 gets here and I'll see what that brings. Maybe I'll record a few nights in a row just to evaluate it, without editing at all. That way i can just set the recorder and forget it.
January is a refreshing even-keel pace once again so I am rewiring my studio to accomodate a few new additions that have found their way into the room since I set up the VA7 for recording. I better get back to work - there are wires EVERYWHERE!
(Thank goodness for patchbays!)After it's done - I'll post a few pics of the studio for everyone - it's a cool little set-up with a digital 8track HD recorder, Roland Digital drum kit, VA7/JV1010 & Hey Tom,
Thanx for the pity party, but as an Eagles fan - we're thrilled that the season went into January at all! The Giants were clearly the better team all around and I think they have a shot to smash the Vik's next week too.
Donny posted a pic for me weeks ago - I'm not up on HTML and the like. I can hardly type, so these conversations take a lot out of me.(being as LONG winded as I AM!)
I have never been very big on serious recordings of myself. Whenever I need to send a demo to a client, I make it special for their needs and never save the resuts. The few tracks I do have on the shelf are pretty old and tired, so......wait till the PA80 gets here and I'll see what that brings. Maybe I'll record a few nights in a row just to evaluate it, without editing at all. That way i can just set the recorder and forget it.
January is a refreshing even-keel pace once again so I am rewiring my studio to accomodate a few new additions that have found their way into the room since I set up the VA7 for recording. I better get back to work - there are wires EVERYWHERE!
(Thank goodness for patchbays!)After it's done - I'll post a few pics of the studio for everyone - it's a cool little set-up with a digital 8track HD recorder, Roland Digital drum kit, VA7/JV1010 & B4(Native Instruments)- and just the right ammount of outboard effects to keep me on my toes. I can master to CD/MD/Cass all at once too.I have two PC's in the room with Cakewalk Pro9 - but I prefer to sequence on the VA7 when I need to. I usually just multi-track it, as most of my clientele consists of solo demos and jingles.
Enough babbling - I need to finish cleaning up this mess of spagetti!!!!!!

#121656 - 01/08/01 11:03 AM Re: Which Arranger for my kind of music?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
TomTomSF,

I was not being tongue and cheek. The dealer had a G500 a G600 and the VR7. They said the G500 was discontinued. They also said that currently there is nothing between the G600 and the VR7. Because I used to work for them "my price" on the G600 was 2395.00. Great deal!

Tom

Tom

#121657 - 01/08/01 12:02 PM Re: Which Arranger for my kind of music?
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to post your PSR-9000 setup suggestions. I'm anxious to try them out! I'll be hitting the keyboard this evening (barring any unexpected interruptions) and will definitely be tweaking the bazookas out of it. Will let you know how it goes.

I have a couple of hundred styles on my PSR's hard drive instead of a zip disk. Any chance you could email a few samples of some the newage styles you got from svp? If I like the samples, then I'll purchase the disks, too.

Thanks you Paul.

Hey Uncle Dave - You suggested the Samson EX20 and EX30 as being some decent speakers. Well, I bought two EX20's and were you ever right! They're absolutely rocking! Great bass response. Brass, flutes, guitar, piano, and organ voices all sound like fresh, responsive and LIVELY. The EX20's have a high threshold, and produce tons of volume without distortion.

There is absolutely ZERO NOISE in my system no matter how loud I crank it. The Mackie SRM450s maybe better but I'm thrilled with the EX20's (and spent only half the price of the Mackies). My Carvin C800 mixer adds a lot of high quality effects, has lots of headroom, and again no noise. Thanks for your suggestion - it works for me.

Regards to all,
Steve

#121658 - 01/10/01 12:19 PM Re: Which Arranger for my kind of music?
Paul A Smith Offline

Steve,

Hope you are enjoying "tweaking" your 9000 and discovering more about it's capabilities.

You can download sample styles from www.svpworld.com as well as listen to midi files and mp3's. All current styles are made using the PSR 740 but they still work very well on the 9000, you could even revoice some of the styles to take adventage of the superior voicing the 9000 has. I have heard that the owner of the website, Dr Simon Williams may be purchasing the 9000 or 9000pro in the future, so he will be writing 9000 specific styles, quite an exciting propect given the already quality psr 740 styles he has produced.

Paul.

#121659 - 01/10/01 01:52 PM Re: Which Arranger for my kind of music?
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
HI Paul and other psr-9000 users
I have been following the german psr-9000 forum for a while and can say that everybody gives two thumbs up for Peter Schips cd-soft stuff. He and his company make new sounds and styles for the psr-9000 as well as the psr-8000. He posts replies on that forum on a regular basis. Very knowledgeable and very nice. There is some free stuff to download and try. He makes new stuff all the time and listens to requests. You can e-mail him to ask any questions. He also sends his software to other countries.
I haven't heard it myself, since I want to wait till I get a new keyboard.
Good luck
Eric

[This message has been edited by Eric, B (edited 01-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Eric, B (edited 01-10-2001).]

#121660 - 01/10/01 02:32 PM Re: Which Arranger for my kind of music?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
That's great Steve! I had a bit of confusion before buying the Mackies myself, but I already have a pair of JBL eon10's for the light duty stuff, so I went to the next siz up for the extra power and sound coverage. I really liked the EX20's and if I ever sell the JBL's - I'll get a set of the Samsons. For now - I'm thrilled with the 450's - so we're ALL happy!

#121661 - 01/12/01 05:51 AM Re: Which Arranger for my kind of music?
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Paul,

You got it, I'm tweaking my brains out! Just wish I had more time to do it. I work a regular 40-hour per week job, have a string of rental properties, and buy houses rehab them and sell them from March through September. Time is my most precious commodity. My time at the keyboard is quality time but its not nearly as much as I'd like. I really need to spend about two full weeks doing nothing else but the keyboard just to begin utilizing all of the tweakable things about the PSR9000.

NOTICE: Like NEW PSR9000 for sale for $2100 (buyer pays shipping).

I'm planning on getting the 9000PRO shortly.

regards,
Steve

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online