SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#121429 - 05/21/03 06:45 PM Question for the YAMAHA psr-1000/2000 experts!
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
hey every body,

Is it possible when playing a style live to let's say press the break button and then switch from A to b by pressing the B button without interfering with the break part when it's playing. and then when the break finsh it's part it would switch automaticly to B that I pressed while break was doing it's part? Another example is let's say I press the intro button and the intro is doing it's part. let's say I want to start with the style B instead of A but I Didn't press B before the intro began. Is there a way were whenever I press a break/intro button and decided to change the style from A to B that the yamaha would delay the command of B and then after the Intro or break finshs it's part,the B style would start. I know roland G-1000/E-500/EM-2000 would do that.

did that make sense?

#121430 - 05/21/03 07:20 PM Re: Question for the YAMAHA psr-1000/2000 experts!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Nope--it won't work. Just tried it, checked the manual, and when you press the wrong button, it's going to finish the measure of that function, then go directly to the one you've selected. If you were in the middle of a four-bar intro, and you pressed the "B" buttom during the first bar, it would finish the first measure, then go to the "B" variation's fill in.

It's the nature of the beast,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 05-21-2003).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#121431 - 05/21/03 08:43 PM Re: Question for the YAMAHA psr-1000/2000 experts!
MagicUser Offline

Loc: New York, USA
I just tried some playing around with it and found that if you switch from A to B BEFORE you hit break it will play the break and then go to B.
You might want to try the same thing with the Intro button. Just press the letter you want to go to and then Intro immediately after that. When it is done it will go to the new selection.
I thought there was an option in some set up so that you could select if you wanted to finish playing or change the ABCD option immediately but I couldn't find it.
I know I had a problem before with a button that was not working so I did a system reset and wound up not having the INRO play anymore as default. Maybe I changed something else but I'm beginning to like not having the intro come up as default.

- Brian

[This message has been edited by MagicUser (edited 05-22-2003).]

#121432 - 05/21/03 09:19 PM Re: Question for the YAMAHA psr-1000/2000 experts!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You can do it if you press the Break button, then during the very last part of the break, press the button to which variation you wish to go to.
Also pressing the button twice quickly will go to that variation without the automatic fill.
DonM

#121433 - 05/22/03 01:21 PM Re: Question for the YAMAHA psr-1000/2000 experts!
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
thank you all,
I realize that the yamaha will not do it.it is a very great feature that only roland keyboards has ......SHAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ON YAMAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online