SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#120789 - 12/01/03 12:06 PM Frustration about my VA-7
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
I know this does not solve anything, but I just can't stand it that my VA-7 is just deciding what I am going to do!

Then I mean the "I like to jump around in screens-touchscreen".. How often does it not happen that while playing the screen shows the Orchestrator, while I had just set it a a Tone category, to put it on at the right moment..! And this is just ONE example...

I think this is kind of 'newbee' style where the board is showing ME what to do, while I was the one who paid a lot of 'bucks' to have such a thing at home. And the worst thing of all is: You can't put that mode off! Only for the Tone Recall under Function Menu > Global Paramaters..

Anyway, this is bottering me a lot. Maybe you think now that I should have choosen another keyboard..

No, I love the sound and I will stay to this one. It's just my experience of this annoying OS..

[This message has been edited by Sander (edited 12-01-2003).]

#120790 - 12/01/03 02:04 PM Re: Frustration about my VA-7
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
No No please keep your VA7 . I think it is the BEST keyboard in the world. I have a VA5 and sometimes the screen jumps because it goes to the screen u were at before. It is a wonderful keyboard....get used to the touch screen...its not hard....Your keyboard has the best drums,sounds...Enjoy it..I'd never sell my VA5....gonna use it for the next 5 years atleast...anyway...enjoy..

Roland VA5 fan

#120791 - 12/01/03 02:24 PM Re: Frustration about my VA-7
Sander Offline

I won't sell it, never thought about that, in the 1.5 years that it's in my room now, because of the fantastic sounds indeed and I love it too much to get another board.. I've tried other boards.

But this does not take the fact away that I'm actually the one who's in control while playing. And then I hate the jumping screen.. Because getting used to it is not enough, it takes too much time even if you're very quick to set some special settings during some plays while you're playing live. And than it's very frustrating if suddenly that other screen pops up.

But again, as said in the startpost as well, I won't sell it..

[This message has been edited by Sander (edited 12-01-2003).]

#120792 - 12/01/03 08:29 PM Re: Frustration about my VA-7
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Hey you guys...

I just put my VA7 up for sale and now I'm having 2nd thoughts...It really is an under-rated board. It may have some strange quirks in the OS and touch screen, but beside that it IS a great board with outstanding sounds. The morphing function is quite unique too. Variphrase is a great idea, but I never use it. The piano on this keyboard is very realistic...not to mention the guitars and cool vocals. I may be talking myself out of selling this baby again! Gee, thanks a lot you guys!

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#120793 - 12/02/03 10:33 AM Re: Frustration about my VA-7
rolandfan Offline

Coaster Tim, I had to save for a year to buy my VA5...and it was worth every penny and every second. I've played all the top keyboards from Yamaha....Roland VA does it for me. The styles are just amazing. I've only recently started using the style morphing function...Its adds so much variety when playing. I've always loved Roland's sounds and having the SC55, SC88, SC88 pro and latest XV/JV sounds is just awesome. Each time I sit at my VA5, it still feels so new...i sit for hours on end sometimes. Roland your VA5/7 RULES!!!!!!!

#120794 - 12/02/03 11:35 AM Re: Frustration about my VA-7
Wazza Offline

Loc: Sonnega, Friesland, The Nether...
Sander & Rolandfan, wouldn't you even consider selling your VA-7 if Roland came out with a brand new flagship?
Lets say a machine with at least 192 MB of WaveROM, SRX expansion slots, 400+ pro styles, and a board that you control instead of it controlling you hehehehe .

Maybe you should get another board to complement your Roland?

Groeten uit Friesland (Greetz from Friesland (Holland) ,

Marcel

#120795 - 12/02/03 12:42 PM Re: Frustration about my VA-7
Roel Offline

Hi guys !

Long time, no see Sander & Marcel. As you probably read, I played and fuzzed around on the Korg PA1XPro, with touch screen.... and it's obvious that interface is not the one I would like to have. (tough-screen )

#120796 - 12/02/03 04:36 PM Re: Frustration about my VA-7
Sander Offline

Thanks for the replies. It's not the touchscreen (tough-screen ) that I hate actually, but it's just the jumping screens.

By the way.. I never had such a lot of troubles with the keys itself on the board, the black & white play keys.. Some even went dead during the time I had it and the first time that happened, we drove back to the shop because we were affraid to fix it ourselves, considering the fact that we might lose the right of warranty. But it was kinda funny: he actually showed me how to fix the keys and he was wondering if I could do it myself the next time Sure, I could (at least I could try!).. And it had to be open already 4 times after that trip to the shop. No, I don't eat cookies while playing and don't spoil any soda over it.. For a while already my A#3 key has lost it sensitivity, and each time when you play an 'emotional' piece of music and you hit that key.. it's like BANG..! So I need to add one more time to opening the board. Getting the board open and closed again takes the most time always, even for such a 'little' problem. Further on I have no problems at all..

But I still really love this board, I know that feeling that rolandfan has, 'It feels new everytime I play it' So known.. And maybe a new flagship of Roland does the trick again of falling in love with it

Greetings back to Fryslân & Coevorden And of course also to all the others here ..

#120797 - 12/03/03 02:07 PM Re: Frustration about my VA-7
rolandfan Offline

Lets say a machine with at least 192 MB of WaveROM, SRX expansion slots, 400+ pro styles.

Yes that would do it.....but it must be from Roland hehe

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online