SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#120536 - 07/12/06 08:49 PM Re: Early report G70
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Donny bought one on the spot, then broke his back trying to get it in the trunk of his car. He's in traction now, in a hospital in Philly.
DonM

#120537 - 07/12/06 09:24 PM Re: Early report G70
Dnj Offline

We were already to go demo the G70 ...& something unexpected popped up......we will have to go at another time next week after both our performance schedules ease up after the weekend....dont worry we will surly post our findings for the SZ......

#120538 - 07/12/06 09:31 PM Re: Early report G70
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Sorry if your post got a little hijacked Hank, but I did want to say to those who are mentioning that they want to tweak to their hearts content, I say terrific, go for it, but, I doubt there is any player that has not tried out someone elses style or voice tweaks and either kept one just like it is, or changed it a little, or didn't learn something from it, maybe even if it was what they didn't like. Sharing this stuff whether from the manufacturer or from a player is a very valuable thing to have available. IMHO

#120539 - 07/14/06 12:59 PM Re: Early report G70
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
We were already to go demo the G70 ...& something unexpected popped up......we will have to go at another time next week after both our performance schedules ease up after the weekend....dont worry we will surly post our findings for the SZ......

Fran had demoed the G70 this afternoon and will be posting his complete review very soon.....stay tuned for the Honest truth from the master!!

#120540 - 07/14/06 01:04 PM Re: Early report G70
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Fran will love it if it plays Tune 1000 files better than his G1000

#120541 - 07/14/06 01:40 PM Re: Early report G70
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I'm interested in hearing what Fran has to say about it too. I gave the G70 a second look and I can say that the key feel is excellent, and I really like the idea of having 76 keys.

The price at Alto Music is right on the money ( as always ), so now my decision on which new arranger to purchase has become a little more complicated, but I will finally get the opportunity to demo the G70 along side the Tyros 2 next time I go to Alto, hopefully next week, and I will make my decision from there.

I'm playing out live a whole lot more than I ever expected to at this point in my life, and I'm enjoying it more ( a lot more ) than I thought I would too, so I'd like to focus on playing and performing with a little more simplicity... ie. one board that does it umm... all.. OK none of them does it all but I'd like to be closer. I dislike many of my PA80's lead voices . I want the best board for me... one that allows me to use my laptop primarily for file storage and as a backup machine ( with One Man Band ). I'd like to use it less for lead voices, although I'll always still want to use it for some voices, for example "Real Guitar" when I want to emulate playing acoustic guitar solo and singing. I've heard the T2 SA voices and while ai think they are quite good, I still think RG is better.

I'll also continue to use the laptop as my midifile playback machine, as SGM180 and Hypersonic 2 both sound better to me than the GM sounds on any of my current boards.... Unless G70 or T2 can do a better job. I'm skeptical of this to say the least though, so I'm gonna break down and get it ( HS2 ) and use the $%^** dongle. Ideally, I'd like to bring the laptop along for backup but never actually plug it in.. but that probably isn't going to happen.

AJ

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online