SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#120506 - 07/08/06 06:30 AM Early report G70
HankB Offline

Loc: Bossier City, La. USA
So far so good, G70 seems a little easier for me to comprehend than the PSR3000.
You can set parameters (reverb, delay, tone, harmony, ect,) (seems much easier than the 3000), and save to the user memory. You can recall them at startup along with styles. The down side is like Don said it’s a little heavy, and I cannot find the support for the G70 I had for the 3000 such as a revised music finder (G70 music assistant) or the extra styles.

More to come
Hank

#120507 - 07/08/06 10:55 AM Re: Early report G70
weissefar Offline

Hi Hank,

You wrote:

..and I cannot find the support for the G70 I had for the 3000 such as a revised music finder (G70 music assistant) or the extra styles..

Sorry for being ignorant, but what is it that you can't find? Just want to offer my help, if possible

#120508 - 07/08/06 11:07 AM Re: Early report G70
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Hank I have over 10,000 styles ready to use with your G70.
The G70 club is all the other help you need.

#120509 - 07/08/06 12:49 PM Re: Early report G70
HankB Offline

Loc: Bossier City, La. USA
Weissefar the music finder update on the 3000 uses real titles instead of related names. Example (for one life), instead of, (For once in my life).

The PSR Tutorial site has unlimited information on the Yamaha but it said Roland had requested the removal of G-70 styles and I guess all other useful assistance. I'm sure things will change once I get familiar with the Roland.

Thanks Fran you have been a big help already, but I could use a link to the Roland G-70 club site, the one I found was in a language I’m not able to interpret. I still have much to learn about this awesome machine.

Thanks Hank

#120510 - 07/08/06 01:19 PM Re: Early report G70
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida

#120511 - 07/08/06 06:27 PM Re: Early report G70
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Dear Hank, since you know the Psr-3000 styles and sound set, could you tell us the pro's and con's comparing to the G-70? I also own the Psr-3000, but I wish I had a 76 keys arranger. I love my Psr-3000 styles but the Keyfeel is the downside of this affordable keyboard IMHO. Will I lose much regarding Styles?

------------------

#120512 - 07/08/06 11:16 PM Re: Early report G70
weissefar Offline

Hi Hank,

You wrote:

..The PSR Tutorial site has unlimited information on the Yamaha but it said Roland had requested the removal of G-70 styles and I guess all other useful assistance...

I can inform you that the Roland G-70 styles are property of Roland. Roland does not accept websites to publish their styles converted into the format of other keyboards. BTW - Yamaha has the same policy. Such behaviour infringes their copyright. Read this article for more information :

The PSR tutorial had put up G-70 styles for download in Yamaha format, so Roland's lawyers pursued them. Just like Yamaha's lawyers do elsewhere on the Internet. It has been like this for several years. Nothing new about this... well, the news might be that Roland, Yamaha, Korg etc. are today more aggressive in protecting their property than before...

You wrote that you guess that Roland had asked the PSR Tutorial administration to remove all other useful assistance. That is not correct. Any website can inform users about anything and give the users assistance. This will not cause any problems. And the PSR Tutorial did not at any time have tutorials for the G-70 online.

I can see that Diki has provided you with the link to the G-70 user club. The members are spread all over the world and we speak English. Hope you enjoy the User Club website? The member community always kindly provides newbies with answers to their questions

Good luck with the G-70. There is SO MUCH potential in this instrument! But be ready to invest a lot of time in working with this instrument! That's Roland - for good and worse... however, if you have the time and the ability to work the instrument, then you now have the best arranger keyboard in the world!!! On the user club website there is plenty of information and downloadable files to help you achieving good results with your G-70

[This message has been edited by weissefar (edited 07-08-2006).]

#120513 - 07/09/06 12:11 AM Re: Early report G70
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
As far as coverted styles it seems that Roland is the only company that has not yet figured out that their converted styles will only increase the sales of their own keyboards. Why? Because, as good as they are getting, they still are not as good as the original. That is one reason even within the Yamaha company, why I went from my PSR2000 to the Tyros. Those Tyros styles that were tweaked for the 2000 only wet my appetite, I'm sure along with a large number of people, those styles were not quite there, especially once I heard the Tyros, which I only became interested in after trying those styles. The same goes for using other companies styles. Like Korg. They have some pretty good styles. Of course all the modern and country styles covert relatively good because they don't get as involved as the jazz swing styles which have some more expanded chords, which a good share of those styles are unusable.

So, IMHO, Roland shot themselves in the foot when they had the G70 styles removed from the internet, because then nobody got to hear them, and then wish they had the G70. The only thing that got a lot of notice was the bad rap they were getting from a lot of people.

Anyway, my 2 centavos worth

Scott

#120514 - 07/09/06 01:46 AM Re: Early report G70
weissefar Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:it seems that Roland is the only company that has not yet figured out that...
It seems to me that you are not aware of facts. This is definitly not correct. I know of websites, who have been contacted by arranger keyboard manufacturers and asked to remove styles, and I have personally been contacted by Yamaha and Korg in 2005 in regards of styles that were converted from Yamaha and Korg arrangers to Roland G-70. I had disrespectfully put these files up for download on the G70 user club website, and I was kindly asked to remove the files immediatly. At that time I wasn't aware of what excactly was right and wrong, so I learned a lesson However, I perfectly understand and respect their copyright, so of course I removed the files at once.

Each of us might have our own motives as to why we want to be able to download converted styles, but I don't recognize any of these motives. It is very simple: There is a law, and we shall obey the law. Furthermore we should not yell at either Yamaha, Roland or whomever, because they enforce their rights.

BTW - notice that there is a lot of things that you CAN do without infringing copyright. I think we should stick to the things that don't infringe copyright

Quote:
So, IMHO, Roland shot themselves in the foot when they had the G70 styles removed from the internet, because then nobody got to hear them, and then wish they had the G70.
Then you implicitly measure everybody by the same yardstick, because the other companies do the same thing... and BTW - it is not true that you can't listen to the styles. Come on, there a lots of websites with demos of styles. There are thousands of MP3 files out there - just listen to them. And furthermore - nothing prevents you from downloading e.g. the G-70 styles to your own workstation and converting the styles yourself...

Quote:
The only thing that got a lot of notice was the bad rap they were getting from a lot of people.
Not at all - the only thing that now really gets blown wide open here is that some people has TOTALLY misunderstood what this issue is all about

BTW - intersting discussion, my friend

#120515 - 07/09/06 02:01 AM Re: Early report G70
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I respect your ideas and opinions, but we are obviously two different people with different ideas on this.

I am aware of the facts. I know that all the companies at one time or another requested their styles be removed and now it appears that this is pretty much overlooked at the sites that I go to, and I really do believe they have figured they can get some good advertizing out of it.

Listening to demos of styles or songs is not the same as playing the styles themselves. This give you a good feel of how much you might desire to own the kb they are taken from. I have heard many online demos, saying I have to get one of those kb's to find out that it doesn't sound anywhere that good in person playing in live arranger style. The Korg PA80 and Technics KN2600 are 2 keyboards that tend to mislead this way, IMHO, whereas Yamaha demos sound about they way they will sound when you play them yourself.

Anyway, just a few ideas.

Scott

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online