SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#120359 - 08/10/07 06:14 AM Problem with NP-30..geez already!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I think my NP-30 has a problem with reversing the polarity for the sustain pedal. It's my understanding the keyboard does the polarity reverse.

I was having a hell of a time getting it to work properly yesterday.., then BAM suddenly it's working,,hmmmmm Shortly after I did get it working (after 50 or trys) the batteries died.

I did everything you're supposed to do as well by the manual. While the board is off you plug in the pedal. Then turn on the board. If you find the polarity to be wrong. Turn off the board. Disconnect and reconnect the pedal. Hold down the pedal wile turning on the board, and that's supposed to reverse the polarity. Well I can't get it to work again. If it worked once, but wont work again, there has to be a problem.

As if this keyboard order couldn't be F'ed up enough as it was Now I gotta call Yamaha to make sure the board ain't screwed up.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#120360 - 08/10/07 06:31 AM Re: Problem with NP-30..geez already!
jwyvern Offline

Is this pedal an old one you haven't used for some time? Was thinking there "could" be a bit of corrosion leading to iffy/intermittent contact, hence all sorts of confusion. Might be worth checking the switch, working it a few times, or even cleaning contacts if you can get to them.
Also check for dodgy cable/connections.

John

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 08-10-2007).]

#120361 - 08/10/07 07:09 AM Re: Problem with NP-30..geez already!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
The pedal gets used all the time. This is the pedal I've been using daily with my Roland RS-70 since the day I got that synth. The Roland has no problem reversing the polarity with this pedal.

It's just not working in the NP-30. I find it odd that I got it to work once, but since the batteries died and after putting in new batteries I cannot get the pedal to work again.

I'll be calling Yamaha to make sure though. This pedal should work. It's a simple on/off pedal. The keyboard is supposed to reverse the polarity so that pedal can be used. It's the keyboard that's not functioning as it should. Again, after 50+ tries (of tuning the thing on and off.., which is what really killed the batteries fast)., I finally got it to work, but the batteries died, and I'm back at square one again.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online